Saturday, May 18, 2013

Weekend Adoption Status Check

Well I have to share with you just how amazing and exhausting the journey of adoption has been for us this past week.  It was truly a hard week for us as we were standing strong on our conviction regarding some paperwork that was being said we had to do because of XXXX.  The emotional struggle for us was that we knew the truth and could explain all the details including the who and the what but we chose the high road knowing that by doing so we could be opening ourselves up to criticism and possible derailment.  The truth is adoption itself should never have to fight these type of battles in order to win the war against the orphan crisis.  God never intended for it to be that way.  Only the enemy would want it to be as such. 

  I am by no means a Bible scholar and cannot always tell you where in the Bible it says such and such but I do remember stories of people and events as I hear them each Sunday in church. Our pastor has a way of explaining things and making it feel as if he is a fly on the wall of your home and knows what you need to hear that week.  Well I know there was a story of a guy who believed in God even when no one else did and he took his servant down to fight the enemy even when he did not have an army to back him up (or so he thought) but God did send that "army" and that guy won the war (rough summary I know but you get the idea).  Well, this week when this possible derailment occurred, God did send us an "army" of truth to stand behind us and win the battle.  So, we moved forward in yet another step towards the children coming home.  I choose not to "explain" or "give names" as some have asked because that is not the focus.  The focus is our children and I would like to think that is the focus for all involved no matter how great or small it may be.

I promised I would keep you updated on EVERY aspect. I want  people to read and know that no one adoption happens the same way so that should they choose adoption they will know that no matter what the child should always remain first.  We are learning so much through this adoption just as we have through our other ones.  The hardest part for me is seeing that this is all in God's plan and He really does know what He is doing even if I begged Him to rethink it all.  I honestly love the path my journey is on! 
Real.
 Yes this is R-E-A-L!! 
 Rewarding
Enriching
Astounding
Life changing!
 
 
And I would not change it for the world!!!  This week we moved a giant leap closer to our children.  Next week we know the army of God will continue to fight His battle against the orphan crisis all over this world.  Please continue to keep so many families in your prayers as they journey down the road that will take them to their child.  No matter where that child may be these families need our prayer and our support.

 
 

1 comment:

Ruth Cox said...

Thanks for your transparency and for sharing! We are standing with you in prayer support believing that every obstacle will come down and that you will bring your children home soon!