Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Keeping You Posted

Ok so today was a stormy day outside (hey, free watering for my lawn does not make me sad) but no storm on the outside can cloud over the joy on the inside.  We have joy back in our lives and what a glorious feeling it is!  Joy that came after the rain.

Our Bulgarian adoption of Kelten and Teagan seems to be the hot topic in many people's world and even on public forums of certain groups but to be as polite as I can:  what happened to us last year is not open for public debate nor public speculation no matter who you are or what group you represent.

Now, moving on for the updates I promised you.  We are rocking and rolling here preparing the house for our newest additions.  Not too much needs to be done in terms of rearranging rooms because we did that when we were bringing London home so that helps.  I already have begun thinking about education (the teacher in me) in terms of what things I will start teaching this fall for all of my children.  This past weekend I was able to attend our home school convention where I picked up remaining curriculum items for the children plus I was able to see and of course touch some new things I think will be useful for our new ones.

I have already spoken with our team of doctors about the children and gave them a heads up so they can keep their books open for more of the Burman Bunch.  While Carrington was at the hospital we were able to see some of our staff who helped take care of her when she first arrived here 2 years ago and they just could not believe the transformation.  We shared with them our new journey and they were so excited to meet the children when we come home with them.

We have names picked out already and will be staying with our "end in N theme".  Our son will have a very special name after someone who really values life.  Our girls have very classic names that I am so excited about.

Some very good friends are already  helping us to raise funds through various ways and Brian and I could not be more thankful!!  We are thankful for their efforts but I think what makes us the most thankful is that these people represent those who really care about bringing children home.  It's not that they are perfect (of course neither are we) but rather that they are representing the heart of Jesus.  Brian in particular noticed just how different these Christian individuals are from so many he has met who claim to be Christians yet their actions and words don't line up.  We also are so excited to be working with Grace Haven, Noonday, and Project Hopeful to raise this ransom. 

Really the work here is done and now I will be preparing our home for my departure.  Usually this consists of making meals to freeze, planning all activities (esp. since it will be summer), and setting up schedules.  I think I can do this part in my sleep now.

Well I think that is all for now. Hopefully by the end of this week we will have more to tell you. 

No comments: