Well I must admit we were all wondering how Carrington was going to do with having a new sister in the house. She really thinks (ok so do we) that she is the PRINCESS of the Burman house. And really has been quite the receiver of much attention. She loves to lick Benjamin because he can't run away and likes to holler in Hudson's ears because he is the only one who can't hear so he doesn't mind.
So how was the Princess going to do with another little one who was the same size and looks pretty similar? Well for the rest of us it has been totally entertaining!! Watching the two girls has made us laugh sometimes to the point of crying. London and Carrington have so many similar traits and mannerisms that we say they must have been separated at birth. The first thing we noticed is curiosity on both girls' parts as to who this other person was but for London that was short lived probably due to her coming from the orphanage. Now Carrington, we think she wonder what store we brought this girl from and what exactly is the return policy. That mostly came from when London would take one of Carrington's toys. I never saw Carrington scoot so fast and pull herself close enough to snatch it back. Now, there is also where London is playing with a toy and Carrington decides that no she is not going to play with that and proceeds to take it away from London. We try hard not to interfere so the girls can figure things and each other out. Well, let me tell you....London may be 8 pounds lighter but she can hold her own!!
The girls wear the same size clothing only Carrington fills it out more than London whereas London has 1/2 size bigger feet and much skinnier ones. London's hair is darker than Carrington's but not by too much. The girls go in the same stroller and already we have been asked if they are twins. So now I have a set of twins and triplets. Hmmmm works for me!! As far as ability goes, London is more mobile than Carrington but they both seem to be at the same level cognitively. London of course did not go through the same extreme health conditions Carrington did and for that we are so grateful to those who took care of her at her orphanage. London was not cast aside but was instead constantly held and kissed on thus the much easier transition for her.
Brian and I hope the girls grow up being best of friends as sisters. London is 17 months older so that is not really all that much. I can see these two staying up late and whispering until we have to tell them to go to sleep NOW. This will make my heart smile!
 |
| Both girls are all about putting their legs in different positions and locations. |
 |
| Notice the legs. |
 |
Both were singing their loud songs. London looks upset but she was
not. She just takes her singing very deep! |
 |
Celebrating London's 7th birthdays with cute matching new outfits
while dangling things in their hands. Neither girl keeps their hands still. |
 |
This was the initial "meet and greet" play session. London dove
right in with the licking of toys and Carrington was wondering
just who this was. |
 |
Ahha! Here we have the "I had the toothbrush first so give it back"
conversation. |
 |
Two sisters enjoying big brother Ethan's baseball game.
|
What can I say?! Inescapable joy has found its way into my life as a mommy! And I have God to praise for that!!!
4 comments:
OK...this is way to cute for words!!! I had to comment cause they are just way to cute! Wow...Carrington looks like she GREW!!! I promise I will get that call made to you one of these days!!! LIFE is so busy and it is GOOD!!! LOVE you...steph
www.marianaorphanfund.blogspot.com
Beautiful! And can I just say I love every ounce of Carrington's chunky thighs?! the wonders that love can do!
They are adorable together!!! I can't believe how big Carrington is getting. And I had forgotten how old she was. Silly me...same exact age as Elijah - grouppa buddies! I should be able to remember that! So glad to hear that London seems to be settling in ok. That's great she was shown affection at the orphanage too!
Oh my goodness I am in love with these girls!! You are so blessed Shelly! (((HUGS)))
Post a Comment