Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Pictures-Take #(too many to count)

Ok so you know how at Christmas you quite often get Christmas cards that are of families whether it be just the children or the whole family? I thought we would try that this year.  Now what I wanted to do was to send out New Year's cards rather than Christmas because I thought it would be fun to start off other's new year with a card.  So, I waited (for other reasons also) to put together a card that would show ALL of my children and even Brian and I.  Group shots are not always predictable so I just tried to get individual and would put them in a card all together.

Guess what?  We don't have those Kodak or Hallmark New Year's card pictures.  Nope, not us. Instead my children have the "are we still sitting here taking pictures?" look or "this ranks right up there with cleaning up my toys" look and then my favorite is the "you know how funny you look from this angle Mom?" look.  Now I did get just one picture of Madelaine because it turned out great on the first shot.  I guess that may be because she just is either used to the camera being in her face for the past 15 years or is it because she knows if she smiles right away the picture taking will stop?  Either way I think she is just such a beautiful young lady!! (Disclaimer here: her dad is in law enforcement just in case any boy thinks he is going to ask her out).  There was even a few grins in the mix. I will let you fill in the blank as to which child gave which look.  Ahhhhh, parenthood and taking pictures of your children while trying to create that family picture card. Yep, time for another diet Coke!!!
















I just love being mom to each of my children!  Even things like an attempt at a New Year's card photo shoot is never a dull moment and brings a smile to my face when I think about how my children can display a plethora of words without saying a word at all.
Merry Christmas to Everyone!

No comments: