Monday, December 24, 2012

A Most Treasured and Loved Gift

Today is Christmas Eve.  I have spent the day with my children baking cookies for Santa, Daddy and all of his fellow deputy sheriffs that have to work on Christmas, and Marianna (Ethan's favorite lady at Sonic).  We had fun!  Ethan was pretending to be Santa Claus and Reagan was of course Mrs. Claus by default.  Carrington was the official Elf in charge of supervising and I was the go to person to get the cookies out of the oven.




Then I put little ones to nap and cleaned up our cookie mess.  Finally I sat down to go through the mail.  So many beautiful Christmas cards sent to us (I promise we are sending out New Year's cards).  There was one envelope that held a most treasured and loved gift inside.  Inside this 5x7 envelope were 4 beautiful cards with messages of love and thankfulness written from some very special children.  As my family gathered around to see the treasures be opened we found not only the sweetest of words written inside but we also found beautiful ornaments carefully crafted by the children.  My eyes welled up with tears and they just burst forward as I thought of how these children sent to me the most priceless gift!  The gift of pure LOVE!  I want to thank Faith, Kitty, Isaiah, and  Lysa  for showing me the true meaning of love and friendship and being the greatest example of the love of Jesus! If those who were out for selfish gain could only see that even though it may appear they have won or gained, that in all reality they have lost because they did not treasure the purest of all gifts.  I feel it is I who have won, or gained the most, not only when I look into the eyes of my children sitting right here in my home but also when gifts of love such as this arrive at my door.  This tells me that God knows my heart and gives me just what I need when I need it.  What an amazing God I love!!!



1 comment:

eliz said...

Aaaw! It's 5:47 a.m. her, those four sick little pumpkins will be getting up at 6. I can't wait to show them your post and picture! They will be so happy to "see" it! Y'all are just too far away! :o)
((((BIG HUGS))))