Thursday, November 15, 2012

National Adoption Month

It's National Adoption Month and it's a great time for Carrington to reshare with you some of her friends that are waiting for a family to come and bring them home. And she also has a few friends she would like you to meet.

Take a look to the right here and see those shining faces.  Those are some of Carrington's friends who so desperately want a mommy and daddy.  Since Carrington has been introducing you to her friends there have been 8 children who are no longer an orphan but are someone's child.  That means there are 8 less children who will not know what it means to be loved for who they are.  I keep my eyes open all the time for say an old school building that has plenty of room and is for sale so I can buy it, renovate it (I am a huge fan of HGTV) and fill it with the smiles, laughter, and bodies of children who so desperately need to know the love of a family.  Each year when I would go visit my grandma in Nebraska I would pass by this smaller school that now was a home to a large family. They bought it and renovated it into a home that fit their family. I would imagine what it would look like inside and could picture my family living in it.  I wonder what the dreams of children who are orphans are like.  I wonder if they dream of the latest Wii game or designer label of clothing, or bicycle or do they simply dream of clothes that they can wear that fit them, toys that they can play with and call their own, and for perhaps enough food to fill their bellies.  Not all orphans are in medically fragile state like our Carrington was but that does not lessen their need for love that only a family can give.

 Blood does not make family.

 LOVE makes a family!!

I have heard it said that "money isn't everything" and I believe that is true.  In today's society though, it seems that is almost a myth that our grandparents made up.  How many times do we see someone do something for another in exchange for either a service or another item?  I do not see that much.  In the adoption world it does seem like money is EVERYTHING because you can't exactly go up to the government and say I will mow your lawn for 4 weeks if you just waive the $720 application fee just to ask for permission to adopt a child.  Those things do require money.  But do you know what does not require money?  What can make the difference between life and death; between family and orphan status?  Your time.

Time is not just money

Time can be love.

Time can be friendship.

Time can be heartfelt

Time can mean everything

Please take some time out of your day.  Believe me I know time is precious for us all. It is even more precious for the children waiting in orphanages all over.  They can't do anything to help themselves have more time.  Let's give some time so the children can have more time to laugh, play, live!!  Can you imagine if someone took the time to research how many children find their families through blog posts or FB posts or that tweety bird thing?!

Today Carrington has met some very special friends from a country known as Moldova. These precious angels are SOOOOOO special you get to fall in love with them even before you see their pictures. You can trust God to lead you to that one or two children who are meant to be a part of your family.  It's like when you are pregnant you don't get to see what color eyes or hair your little one will have until they are born. One big surprise!  Instead you fall in love with the movement you feel within you or the little butterfly sensations created by your little one.  So, get ready to open your heart to God's will and see if you fall in love.  Maybe you are being called to share these children just so that someone you may or may not know will be blessed with those feelings of love.

Children's House International is an exceptional adoption agency that has people who truly care about their children finding forever families.  Currently their program in Moldova sent approximately 34 files of children that have no one to call mommy or daddy and who wait for a place to call their own.  Pictures are not shared until a commitment is made but I really think that is sort of neat because you can fall in love with the child.  That may mean coming to God in deep and frequent prayer as to which child He has designed for you.  This may be a time God is calling you to be dependent on His choice and His path for you. Many families need a picture to fall in love and I am not faulting anyone for that but I am asking that you try to imagine this child through God's eyes.  I know I do not wear the latest of fashion, sport the cutest of all hairdos, and hardly wear makeup but the wonderful news is that my amazing husband does not need to see those things to love me and neither do my children.  They know I love them and that is all they want to see and have.

 Just take a moment to read a teaser about some amazing children. It is like being given just a glimpse into the next best seller of a series that you have long waited for.  You don't know the story until you pick up the book and read.  So here is the teaser to one of God's best sellers. Enjoy!!!!

  • 5 year old boy with HIV and an eye tic
  • 4 year old girl with delayed development and congenital blepharoptosis
  • 4 year old boy with spina bifida
  • 7 year old girl who is healthy
  • 3 year old boy with a minor heart issue 
  • 3 year old boy with FAS and TB in remission
  • sisters 11 and 12 who are healthy
  • girl 13 brother 15 healthy
  • 10 year old boy healthy,
  •  14 year old boy minor MRDD
  • boy 5 (chronic tonsillitis), 
  • boy 8 (autonomic neuro reactive pancreatic syndrome), 
  • girl 11 (chronic tonsillitis)
  • and a large number of kiddos in the 4-8 year old range with cp.
The Moldova program at CHI is pretty typical of most Eastern European adoptions.

Cost of adoption is approximately $23-$25,000
Requires 2 trips and both parents for at least the first trip
Age limit for parents is 50
Single women and married couples may adopt

If you are interested in learning more about CHI's Moldolva adoption program please contact:
Nina Thompson at  360-383-0623 Office  Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm PST


No comments: