I waited many a days to even start this post because the fire that was burning inside me was so dangerously hot that it was unfathomable. You see, I am not the most computer/technologically savvy person out there but I do know this: EVERYTHING SENT VIA FB, EMAILS, ETC CAN FIND ITS WAY TO ANYONE!
One morning I awoke to an email from someone who had been contacted numerous times by Amanda about adopting a little boy from Pleven who would soon be turning 5 and had a family but no longer did and the older boy was going to be adopted by none other than Amanda herself. Now this person did not "know" me but soon began to put 2 and 2 together and realized this "family who was supposed to adopt the two boys" was us. This person verified we were the family Amanda was talking about and Amanda replied "yes" but not to tell us "because then that family will fight even harder to bring them home and those boys have waited way too long because of them." Yes, all of this and more was discussed via private messages on FB. It is even referenced on Amanda's blog about Teagan and to contact Shelley Bedford if interested. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!! Oh so just because the embassy is made aware of Shelley's efforts to publicly advocate for new families for the boys and let's Shelley know that is not allowed that then it is okay to do it via PM on FB?! Hmmmm, I do not think so. Pick up phone and call US Embassy once again. Oh and here we go again with yet another incidence of Shelley violating my confidentiality, which by the way she never had to begin with as I was not even one of AAC's families, when she told another person who contacted her via FB to check on our family that "all I know is that because of Shelly Burman I am having to speak with the U.S. Embassy." Then asked is she could pray for us, this person was told by Shelley that if she wanted to pray that she would say to pray for the boys.
Ok, so during all of this time Amanda continues to Yahoo Messenger me about where I am in the process etc.. Now I already know her game but am not going to go down that road she is so deeply set on traveling so I give general answers so as not to appear rude yet still keep my business to myself. One day she started in again and asked when will I travel. I replied "when they give travel dates" and she in turn called me a liar. OK now you have gone too far!! I told her she did not want to go there but she did so it was on at that point. I told her to stay away from my boys and that they were STILL my boys. She of course denied it all and tried to say how she did not say anything mean about me when people were asking about our family on FB the other day and I told her that's because she was saving it all for PM on FB. It was at that point I believe she realized I knew about her little endeavors and so she threw out "well at least I didn't do anything illegal while I was at Pleven unlike you and Jenny." That's because you never were at Pleven AMANDA!!! Oh and just for the record, we did not do anything illegal because the care givers and babas were taking us all around and showing us the children plus they were bringing the children to us to play with. Given the chance again, both Jenny and I would go around to each child we could and change their diapers, clothe them in dry, clean clothes and give them a kiss to tell them how much Jesus loves them. Yes if that is illegal Amanda then I would consider myself a repeat offender because I loved each moment and each child I held and kissed. Amanda thought she was going to adopt Kelten and had already began trying to get her home study updated so as to submit papers to commit to him only she could not find a social worker who would do that. That's because it is against international law to do so. Is all of this too crazy to believe?! Not when I have actual documentation to prove it true. All of this time and energy and money could be going to bring home the many other thousands of children who are just crying to have someone love them. That's how I know it is NOT "about a child" but about personal agendas.
Authorities in Bulgaria were contacted to verify that Kelten and Teagan's files were still ours and guess what? THEY WERE AND ARE!! Our new and improved Bulgarian agency not only verified this with the MOJ but they also checked with the Bulgarian courts. You see, when greed takes over one's actions that person will be caught up in their web of lies and deceit and the consequences tend to not be so pretty. We believe with all of our hearts that God called us to this adoption. He knew we would be facing this trial because (we believe) He planned for His glory to come shining through what we would do as a result of all of this. Bullying in adoption MUST stop and we are going to do our best to see that those who claim they want children to find families yet continue to bully their selves into power are stopped.
People should not feel that they must 'just keep quiet' so that their child can come home. They should not have this "fear" looming over what should be a blessing, a celebration of the addition to their family. All too often I have heard so many families say that they don't like what is happening but that they are just going to be quiet so they can bring their child home. I am not judging those families because I know the sense of urgency to bring my children home was so overwhelming. What I am upset about is that families are being made to feel this. Intimidation of this sort is just another form of bullying and it MUST be stopped!
One morning I awoke to an email from someone who had been contacted numerous times by Amanda about adopting a little boy from Pleven who would soon be turning 5 and had a family but no longer did and the older boy was going to be adopted by none other than Amanda herself. Now this person did not "know" me but soon began to put 2 and 2 together and realized this "family who was supposed to adopt the two boys" was us. This person verified we were the family Amanda was talking about and Amanda replied "yes" but not to tell us "because then that family will fight even harder to bring them home and those boys have waited way too long because of them." Yes, all of this and more was discussed via private messages on FB. It is even referenced on Amanda's blog about Teagan and to contact Shelley Bedford if interested. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!! Oh so just because the embassy is made aware of Shelley's efforts to publicly advocate for new families for the boys and let's Shelley know that is not allowed that then it is okay to do it via PM on FB?! Hmmmm, I do not think so. Pick up phone and call US Embassy once again. Oh and here we go again with yet another incidence of Shelley violating my confidentiality, which by the way she never had to begin with as I was not even one of AAC's families, when she told another person who contacted her via FB to check on our family that "all I know is that because of Shelly Burman I am having to speak with the U.S. Embassy." Then asked is she could pray for us, this person was told by Shelley that if she wanted to pray that she would say to pray for the boys.
Ok, so during all of this time Amanda continues to Yahoo Messenger me about where I am in the process etc.. Now I already know her game but am not going to go down that road she is so deeply set on traveling so I give general answers so as not to appear rude yet still keep my business to myself. One day she started in again and asked when will I travel. I replied "when they give travel dates" and she in turn called me a liar. OK now you have gone too far!! I told her she did not want to go there but she did so it was on at that point. I told her to stay away from my boys and that they were STILL my boys. She of course denied it all and tried to say how she did not say anything mean about me when people were asking about our family on FB the other day and I told her that's because she was saving it all for PM on FB. It was at that point I believe she realized I knew about her little endeavors and so she threw out "well at least I didn't do anything illegal while I was at Pleven unlike you and Jenny." That's because you never were at Pleven AMANDA!!! Oh and just for the record, we did not do anything illegal because the care givers and babas were taking us all around and showing us the children plus they were bringing the children to us to play with. Given the chance again, both Jenny and I would go around to each child we could and change their diapers, clothe them in dry, clean clothes and give them a kiss to tell them how much Jesus loves them. Yes if that is illegal Amanda then I would consider myself a repeat offender because I loved each moment and each child I held and kissed. Amanda thought she was going to adopt Kelten and had already began trying to get her home study updated so as to submit papers to commit to him only she could not find a social worker who would do that. That's because it is against international law to do so. Is all of this too crazy to believe?! Not when I have actual documentation to prove it true. All of this time and energy and money could be going to bring home the many other thousands of children who are just crying to have someone love them. That's how I know it is NOT "about a child" but about personal agendas.
Authorities in Bulgaria were contacted to verify that Kelten and Teagan's files were still ours and guess what? THEY WERE AND ARE!! Our new and improved Bulgarian agency not only verified this with the MOJ but they also checked with the Bulgarian courts. You see, when greed takes over one's actions that person will be caught up in their web of lies and deceit and the consequences tend to not be so pretty. We believe with all of our hearts that God called us to this adoption. He knew we would be facing this trial because (we believe) He planned for His glory to come shining through what we would do as a result of all of this. Bullying in adoption MUST stop and we are going to do our best to see that those who claim they want children to find families yet continue to bully their selves into power are stopped.
People should not feel that they must 'just keep quiet' so that their child can come home. They should not have this "fear" looming over what should be a blessing, a celebration of the addition to their family. All too often I have heard so many families say that they don't like what is happening but that they are just going to be quiet so they can bring their child home. I am not judging those families because I know the sense of urgency to bring my children home was so overwhelming. What I am upset about is that families are being made to feel this. Intimidation of this sort is just another form of bullying and it MUST be stopped!


No comments:
Post a Comment