Saturday, June 30, 2012

Day Our Lives Changed-Part 6 Child Brokering

We thought the worst that could happen to us and our boys had already happened but soon we would receive an email  from Shelley B. , employee of AAC, that states she will begin advocating publicly on Tuesday for new families for Kelten and Teagan. What?!  NO WAY!!!! I immediately emailed her back telling her that no decision had been made and that the boys were still ours.  Now, Shelley is supposed to be a compassionate person so I am told as I have never really dealt with her other than helping her and AAC get information about children with families and to find a way to collect donated formula to take over to the children in Bulgaria.  She also went on to tell me that Andrea R. from RR said she would relist the boys so they could "have a better chance at finding a family."  I told her they were our boys. She replied back that she does not know what is going on with our adoption (right!!!) but that she does know Bulgarian law and unless I have a court decree the boys are not our and since we did not have that court decree "the boys are not yours."  Hmmm, ok well then I email to Andrea R. of RR and told her about this and of course that if they list my boys my attorney will have no problem notifying the authorities who deal with Hague convention rules. You know, Hague, the very thing that was instituted to prevent child traficking?!  Well, next thing I know I receive the call back from the US Embassy-Bulgarian division at which time I explain what is going on using only facts and not hiding behind the word "anonymous".  I am told they will look into this right away.  Ok so I don't see my boys listed on RR so I believed that Shelley and Andrea realized what a mistake that would be to list children who are still committed to.  I was so wrong!!  Shelley B. then turned to using her friendship with another adoptive mom who was in process to bring home her 5 children, Amanda.  The two of them, and I don't know if there was anyone else, decided they were going to use FB and private messaging to find families for my boys.  Amanda even went so far as to email and call another mom to tell her all about me and the fact that she is going to go ahead and apply to adopt "the older one" but that she wanted to know if this mom wanted to adopt the younger one. Amanda even put it on her FB and linked it directly to Shelley for anyone to inquire.  How in the world did my private information about what was happening get out?  I have nothing to do with Shelley so how is it she knows about my business? And how does Amanda know?  Oh I know now...Shelley told her.  Why in the world are they doing this?  Ok I get it. AAC will get more money for another adoption of these boys as will the facilitator.   Amanda tried discrediting me so that the mom she told all about me would see why it was so important that she adopt Kelten, meanwhile she didn't even have her 5 children home yet.   Shelley also discussed me with yet another adoptive mom which once again violates my confidentiality. She even claims that she knows why I am  not returning emails. Ummm what emails am I not returning?  Our blog had gone private as my husband and I took time to redesign and refocus our efforts to doing good things for the orphans of this world in conjunction with those who are truly desiring for orphans to be their main focus not the dollar. We wanted to take the high road in all of this. And yes, I do have actual, not anonymous, proof of this information.  Why are they doing this? Not only is it wrong and against the law but there are so many other children who do not have a family and so desperately need one.  Well, enough of this bullying that has been going on long enough in this adoption world.  I once again called the US Embassy and spoke with the individual in charge; the consular and shared this information with proof of all points mentioned.  I have faith that justice will prevail.

No comments: