Saturday, June 30, 2012

Day Our Lives Changed-Part 5 Betrayal

We were running on pure adrenalin as we tried to gather all documents, make phone calls, and still maintain order and life of our home.  The constant thought going through our mind was WHY??????!!!!!!! Why would someone do this to us but most importantly why would they do this to 2 little boys who have lived in hell for the past 4 1/2 and 12 1/2 years?  Each spare moment we would just sit and try to fathom why someone would do this and who would do this.  We began to piece together pieces of this horrible puzzle.  As the events began to clear up we began finding out who did and who would betray us.  Today I am naming each person.  I am doing this because unlike them I am not a coward.  I will sign my name to this post rather than "anonymous".  You will know their accusations and their actions.  Yes, I wanted them to pay for what they had done. I wanted them to know the deepest of pain that we were experiencing and I knew how I wanted to do that.  BUT....prayer of my TRUE friends intervened.  They prayed for my heart to stop hurting and they prayed that good would prevail. They assured me that God knows their actions even though lies pour off of their tongues.  Do I know everyone involved in this horrible nightmare? NO. But GOD does and believe me He will execute the judgement and punishment He deems as appropriate.  Nothing I can do can even compare to His mighty hand.
  Glennda-trusted care giver, sign language instructor, "big sister" figure to Madelaine. She was one of only 2 people entrusted with the knowledge that we were following our doctor's recommendations to obtain respite services for Evelyn due to her extreme needs.  She decided she was going to post a picture of Evelyn on her FB page without our permission, stating that "she missed her already" which then led Evelyn's former teacher, Erica, to call and find out what happened.  Apparently one's word did not have any meaning to her because she shared all, and probably had been sharing all, all along. I first called her in shock and disbelief at what was happening. I turned to her because I thought she truly cared about our family. The hard part is she acted like she was so shocked.  She lied to us and we know it.  The sick thing is she did all of this and then came to work for us after or while reporting her information "anonymously". That is just sick!! Accusations with information only she knew and could give her twisted version of. Her story has changed and she has managed to try and throw blame on anyone else she could. She even is blaming people from our Down syndrome partnership the day we went to the second annual B&B Ranch Round-Up.  Ok sure!!!! Then she calls the agency who handles payroll for our care givers and tells them how I have fired all of my staff. Funny. I think the loyal ones are still working for me!
  Jenna-trusted social worker for past adoptions.  Called me not wanting to know our story of what these accusations were about.  She had already taken her opinion of things and acted upon it before she even spoke with me. She claimed the information came to her via anonymous emails and she did not know who they were from.  Ok, I am not a social worker but I consulted not only with top social workers but I also consulted with our attorney and asked them if they would act upon "anonymous" information before they even validated the source from which that information came.  The unanimous answer was NO!! When I asked Jenna to please come to our home to see for herself that the allegations that we were not taking care of our children's daily basic needs, that I am too overwhelmed to handle any more children, our home is in chaos, and that my 5 year old son is out of control. She told me NO! It does not matter she told me. She has heard enough "that makes me scared."  Ok, once again wasn't she going to come out and see for herself?  She was the one who heard of Carrington's story and prayed before she even realized we were the family of Carrington.  She had been in our home and seen and commented on how well all of our children were doing. Yet, she was afraid of her job and quickly threw us to the curb without giving us any chance.  When we realized we had made these 2 honest mistakes we owned up to them and was prepared to take the necessary steps needed to proceed. She would not give us the chance. We trusted her.
  Deborah- US agency provider. Worked hard with us to bring this adoption to fruition.  Answered all my questions. Asked us to pray for her. Apparently received word, (and I have a different story from her and from Jenna as to which of them called each other first) about the events and made a decision to notify everyone she could before she even took time to speak with us personally.  Her first words to me were "your adoption has been stopped".  I tried to explain things. I tried to share how we honestly did not know we were doing something wrong and that some of that information she had been given was totally false.  Did not matter one bit. I tried to ask her as a fellow Christian to please give us another chance. Our boys were supposed to be coming home in about 3 weeks. No. She had already notified Bulgaria and our adoption was stopped. Once again this was more about their agency and the fact we had "failed to disclose information" than it was about saving 2 boys' lives.
  Elena-Our Bulgarian facilitator whom we have built a relationship for over 9 months.  She has just commented to a friend of mine what a good family we were and how she could tell how much we love our boys.  She always replied to our emails quickly and we always did what she asked of us quickly and efficiently!! She was given this information anonymously and we were told she went straight to the courts and asked them to remove our case from court.  We had no idea what was going on and tried to contact her numerous times.  We pleaded for some word from her. Some explanation.  Finally we received word and it was :  The mistakes you are telling us about, are serious violations of the laws of the US, as well as the Bulgarian laws. You are very well aware of the procedure for adoptions, so you know these are serious violations of the procedure.
In the present case the Foundation does not makes decisions, the decisions are made by the competent organs in the USA.
And it would be fair to tell you that for us – the people working in the foundation, this is an extremely unpleasant situation, also from an emotional point of view.
That was it!  After 9 months of working with her and this is how things went.


We know there have to be more people involved in this nightmare.  Why?  Why would people do this?  Because misery love company and the person who started all of this is a miserable person who had wrong done to them and  now they want to inflict that pain on someone else. 

No comments: