Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day of Our Lives Changed-Part 2

While we were emotionally raw from making a hard but necessary choice for our Evelyn there was a person who was so miserable in her life (that is the only thing I can imagine would drive someone to do this) that she set out to change the lives of our family is the most awful of ways.  At the time we did not know or imagine this could happen nor would it happen at the hands of someone whom we trusted not only in our home but with our children. I received a phone call from our social worker, Jenna H., that was not only unprofessional but very damaging. She had received "an anonymous email" from someone telling he we had given Evelyn up for adoption and were waiting for her adoption to be revoked.  WHAT?!  Evelyn was standing right beside me as I am having the wind knocked right out of me.  Who in the word would say such a lie and why would our social worker who had known us for the past 3 1/2 years, been in our home several times, watched our my children have grown since coming home, told us she prayed for our Carrington while she was fighting for her life...why would she believe this before coming to us?  The tone of her conversation was not one of calling for clarification but rather condemnation. In this conversation I found that we had made a couple of honest mistakes during our adoption and due to our misunderstanding we did not report these events to USCIS as required by law. My brain is trying to wrap itself around what is happening.  All I can think of is our boys. Our boys who we have met and held and prayed for for so long. Panic and pain have taken over my heart. What does our social worker mean that this has cost us our adoption? Apparently this anonymous person contacted various agencies and not only released information regarding the mistakes we had made but also false accusations.  These agencies then decided to act as judge and jury before even talking with us. This was not about the mistakes we made. This was about saving their own selves and their agency. I made countless calls that night to so many people I trusted.  I was in shock!  I needed help to process this.  The hardest part I was not with Brian and so we both had to deal with this without each other.  My eyes never saw sleep that night as I tried to figure out who would do such a cruel thing. Why would someone ruin a family this way?  Why would someone be so cold and vengeful to affect the lives of 2 boys who were so close to finally having a chance at love and family?  Because this person had NO heart and was so selfish. Because this person is sick!!

No comments: