Well what can we say but that we had a wonderful Christmas this year!! Brian had to work both days so Santa came on Christmas Eve while we were at church because I know Santa would not want this mommy to have to try and keep 7 children from opening up gifts that were sitting right in front of them all day until daddy got home. What made this Christmas so special for us? Watching all 7 of our children open their gifts with much excitement! Carrington did pretty good at the present opening as did pretty much all of the other children.
I cannot believe that this was Carrington's first Christmas! See I look at it this way: yes we did not adopt her until she was nearly 4 years old but I did not miss out on her "first" because everything she does is a first-as our daughter, as a cherished and loved child, and as a sister to the most amazing and wonderful siblings.
We took so many pictures but this camera seems to take the worst pictures and is so slow I miss a lot but I think you can tell from the ones we do have that the evening was a success and 7 children went to bed with more than just themselves in their beds. I remember that was the fun of Christmas was taking all of your new treasures to bed with the promise that we could play with our toys as long as we wanted and get up and play with them again as early as we wanted so long as we did NOT wake up anyone else. I told Ethan and Reagan that and they smiled as they pushed all of their toys into their beds. Carrington really did not have any issues with what toys to take with her other than her trusty Violet puppy dog that Miss Jill gave her while she was in the hospital back in March. I hope to make the next post all about videos but we shall see if I can do that, I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!
I cannot believe that this was Carrington's first Christmas! See I look at it this way: yes we did not adopt her until she was nearly 4 years old but I did not miss out on her "first" because everything she does is a first-as our daughter, as a cherished and loved child, and as a sister to the most amazing and wonderful siblings.
We took so many pictures but this camera seems to take the worst pictures and is so slow I miss a lot but I think you can tell from the ones we do have that the evening was a success and 7 children went to bed with more than just themselves in their beds. I remember that was the fun of Christmas was taking all of your new treasures to bed with the promise that we could play with our toys as long as we wanted and get up and play with them again as early as we wanted so long as we did NOT wake up anyone else. I told Ethan and Reagan that and they smiled as they pushed all of their toys into their beds. Carrington really did not have any issues with what toys to take with her other than her trusty Violet puppy dog that Miss Jill gave her while she was in the hospital back in March. I hope to make the next post all about videos but we shall see if I can do that, I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!
Showing off their new pjs
Smiling with my handsome boy
Reagan received puppets for Christmas from our friends the Lewis family. What a great way to teach her imaginative play as well as work on vocabulary!
This is our living room on 7 children with presents unwrapped. Don't worry we are a big recycling family and actually filled our 97 gal recycle can with items in addition to 4 50 gal totes. And only 1 small bag of trash items.
Santa brought Carrington this activity table which we are holding off putting on the legs just yet and Evie came over to play with her.
The Princess was given such cute pjs from one of her favorite care givers Sarah!
Carrington wants to open presents and she would like to do it NOW!!
She would rip a piece of paper off and throw it behind her.
Reagan really caught on quick to the whole order of events and she just brimmed with excitement while helping Carrington open her gifts.
I just had to sneak in a quick picture with my Princess. After all this is our first Christmas with her.
She sure took to her activity table.
I absolutely love this picture! Carrington scooted over to the presents and it looks as if she is reading the name tags to see which presents are hers.
My little present!
Look at the pure joy on Reagan's face as she gets ready to open her gifts. She kept asking if Jesus was coming to the party. (we had just gone to church and had been sharing with her that it was Jesus' birthday).
Owen is feeling better after his surgery enough to play a bit with his new toy from Santa.
Evelyn received head phones from Santa and just look at her concentration. She was like this for several minutes. I do believe we may have cracked open the door into her world.
Hudson was most methodical about opening his gifts.
Ethan could not believe the 2 wheeled scooter he received for Christmas.
Madelaine loved getting the first four seasons of the Psych t.v. show. Her daddy and I were introduced to it by our friends the Karols while we were in Ukraine and now she is the newest one to love the show.
Smiling with my handsome boy
Reagan received puppets for Christmas from our friends the Lewis family. What a great way to teach her imaginative play as well as work on vocabulary!
This is our living room on 7 children with presents unwrapped. Don't worry we are a big recycling family and actually filled our 97 gal recycle can with items in addition to 4 50 gal totes. And only 1 small bag of trash items.
Santa brought Carrington this activity table which we are holding off putting on the legs just yet and Evie came over to play with her.
The Princess was given such cute pjs from one of her favorite care givers Sarah!
This was Carrington's first Christmas Eve church service and if you look Reagan sitting in front in the red dress and Ethan top left corner in blue sweater went to sit with our pastor for the story.
She would rip a piece of paper off and throw it behind her.
Reagan really caught on quick to the whole order of events and she just brimmed with excitement while helping Carrington open her gifts.
I just had to sneak in a quick picture with my Princess. After all this is our first Christmas with her.
She sure took to her activity table.
I absolutely love this picture! Carrington scooted over to the presents and it looks as if she is reading the name tags to see which presents are hers.
My little present!
Look at the pure joy on Reagan's face as she gets ready to open her gifts. She kept asking if Jesus was coming to the party. (we had just gone to church and had been sharing with her that it was Jesus' birthday).
Owen is feeling better after his surgery enough to play a bit with his new toy from Santa.
Evelyn received head phones from Santa and just look at her concentration. She was like this for several minutes. I do believe we may have cracked open the door into her world.
Hudson was most methodical about opening his gifts.
Ethan could not believe the 2 wheeled scooter he received for Christmas.
Madelaine loved getting the first four seasons of the Psych t.v. show. Her daddy and I were introduced to it by our friends the Karols while we were in Ukraine and now she is the newest one to love the show.


2 comments:
What a great Christmas!!! Was this the first Christmas at your house for more than just Reagan and Carrington? Not sure when you brought your other babies home. They seem to have all caught the hang of it quickly! :) What joy!!!
I love following your blog ~ you are a blessed Momma! You have a beautiful family! Happy New Year!
Post a Comment