Thursday, April 7, 2011

14 Pounds!! And a Kiss from Carrington!

(This is the life!)

(mmmuuuuuuaaaahhhh!)

So Miss Carrington has gained 10 ounces overnight, taking her to right around 14 pounds!!!! The doctors don't really think that much of a weight gain is possible so they're not getting excited until she is weighed again tomorrow. They are curious to see if she will maintain this weight gain or if it was a fluke.  I say anything is possible with all these prayers!! The doctors were pumping her full with mega feeds in preparation for the PH probe to measure her reflux so that could be a reason for the huge weight gain in a 24 hour period! You can see in the picture below the princess is wearing "no-no's" on her arms to keep her from pulling the PH probe out...however this little fighter managed to get those things off!!! She is feeling well enough to be naughty and I love it! The princess got to spend the day with her Momma...what a way for Shelly to spend her 29th birthday! Hehe. Carrington has had a great day, smiling and talking away and just so happy!

The results of the PH probe confirmed that Carrington will need a Fundo. They are still waiting the results of the celiac's disease bloodwork, but Hep A, B, and C have all come back negative!

If you live around the DFW area and would be willing to spend a night with the princess on Sunday, please email me :) (spbasile at hotmail dot com).

P.S. I know the background on the blog is wacky and am hoping it will be fixed soon. If not I may be calling on some of you blogger design people to help :)

12 comments:

Elissa said...

I'll be in Dallas again, but I don't have anyone to watch my kids. I really wanted to meet Carrington! Darn it. Well, she looks wonderful. So glad she is improving!!

Scrappy quilter said...

She is such a little princess and doing so well. PTL those 3 tests came back negative.

Amanda Wood said...

Oh Praise God!!! Keep sharing her with our church family too to keep praying for her. Always so exciting to take praises of how well she is doing to our church family! :)

Lori said...

How wonderful to see Princess Carrington gaining weight and feeling well enough to interact with her mommy! I continue to pray for sweet princess, that she will gain steadily and that her reflux issues are resolved! She's just precious and I am so honored to be able to pray for such a sweet family and their princess!

Redeeming Hidden Treasures said...

So glad she is doing well! She is beautiful and I love that she is feeling well enough to cause a little mischief. :)

The Ironic Catholic said...

Glad she had a great day! and happy birthday Shelly!

Anonymous said...

Great News.... keep it up pretty girl :)

Lu, Poppies Blooming said...

The background will either sort itself on the day of the month you signed up to your photobucket account, or you can upgrade to pro and it will not have the bandwidth limits. They have 10G on the free account so that can get used up quickly. :)

Stephanie @ Ralphcrew said...

Those no-no's look a little small for her. Maybe some longer ones would help? But then they may be too big around? What do I know!!

Love the photos! Beautiful!

Chris and Julia said...

I am originally from the Waco area, and if I still lived there I would sit with her in a heartbeat. I wish I could help more. Please know that I am thinking of them and praying.

Julia adopting "Michaela"

heatherbrown said...

She's so beautiful! So happy when I see a positive update.
Happy Birthday, Shelly!

Joy@WDDCH said...

Oh I just want to kiss her sweet little cheeks right back! Her expressions remind me of my youngest daughter!