Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Rebirth-(part 3) His Destination

The Higher road certainly has been a different and life changing journey.  So much inner change as I watched the scenery around me begin to change.  This was scenery I had not seen before in any of my travels and certainly not on the road of the last yearAnd the travelers. Wow!  These are travelers who represent the Mount Kilamanjaro of faith all wrapped up in a mustard seed. 

I was up and traveling down this new Higher road wondering if I would ever lose my way and end up back on the road of potholes.  The amazing thing is all the signs I read along the way promised me that by following this Higher road that the Master planner had it all worked out.  So I began to just sit back and let go of the wheel.  Believe me when I say there have been some times I literally wanted to grab that wheel and turn back to what I knew. My map.  But thankfully those faithful travelers never left my field of vision and encouraged me to finish this journey.  But what if.....? But what about...?  Just as I would utter those words another road sign would appear giving me direction on the Higher road.  After many events and encounters along this Higher road I came to a point in this journey in which I had the choice to continue on this Higher road or veer off to the path of MY journey waiting just below.  Difficult as it was I knew I must choose to continue this path on the Higher road.

Once that decision was made and I moved forward the picture on the map began to appear.  The journey did not look like it would be always be smooth sailing nor did it give any guarantees or detours but what it did show is that joy would be the greatest of all X marks the spot destinations.  I chose. I chose to go towards that destination with mustard seed faith.  And that mustard seed of faith has given me a Mount Kilamanjaro of destinations.  I have arrived and joy has found me once again.  Joy of the purest and monumental of all joy!  My map was complete and my destination (for this journey) is complete.  I can only pray that the Master will call upon me again to join Him on a journey of faith and love.

This map came with a map key as well.  And for those of you who do not know of where my journey has been I would love to share it with you not to toot my own horn or to cause any hurt but rather to share with you to be open to reading and following a map you have not drawn out yourself.  The joy will be insurmountable I promise!

My Map-Adoption of Teagan and Kelten from Bulgaria
Potholes-Former social worker and care giver and others involved in the Bulgarian adoption process who felt they were the ones to make judgments without true documentation
Detour-8 months of trying endlessly to finish our journey to our boys
Master Map -God's plan
Travelers-Friends, some old and some new, who stood by me, encouraged me, prayed with me, loved me, and guided me on how to hold onto that mustard seed of faith
Higher Road-not going for revenge towards those who caused such hurt and instead moving forward
Final Destination-Three precious orphans in Ukraine who will soon join our family.

Our family is deeply saddened at the loss of our original destination to adopt Kelten and Teagan. For such a long time they have been in our every thought and day, and in many ways still are today.  We love the boys with all of our heart but we are now on a new journey that has brought us to a different place. 

I cannot thank enough those friends who stayed with me during this charting of a new course. I will forever be grateful that you did not jump ship based on stories and rumors you may have heard.  You represent what God designed in a true Christian and a true friend.  I have learned what makes a true friend and you all are.

I am also deeply touched by the new travelers I have met along the Higher road.  You have taught me that my mustard seed of faith does matter.  You gave me strength when I had none. You prayed words for me when I had no words.  It is because of you and my other friends I have once again found joy.  I love you all and thank God every day for giving such amazing friends!

To those who caused an unmentionable level of pain I no longer harbor the hatred and vengeance towards you but that is not because it is ok what you did but because God has given me grace.  You will no longer continue to point me in a direction of pain because I am now travelling on the Higher road.

To my children who will soon be joining our family I have already seen my heart expand for you.  Your home and your family await you!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

What a beautiful word picture, Shelly! Love you and your family.. have been praying and will continue too. ♥

Jill said...

Congratulations, Shelly! So very happy for you and your family and the three children you will soon be bringing home. You are an inspiration to me. (Those Ukrainian dossiers get easier every time, don't they? Third time is a breeze. LOL)

Anonymous said...

I have read your blog since your brought Carrington home. My computer was on the fritz for a few month and when I found your new blog, I wondered what happened with Teagan and Kelten. I am sorry you hit some potholes on that adoption journey and that you were hurt. I wish you God's speed on this new adoption journey. God's timing is perfect. Congratulations!