Saturday, November 10, 2012

Rallying All Prayer Warriors!!!I

Yesterday my very good and close friend Jenny had to take her daughter Amelia to be admitted to the hospital.  Amelia recently was adopted by Jenny and her husband Steven from the country of Bulgaria and was very sick and severely malnourished. She came home weighing only 10 pounds at nearly 12 years of age.  Most would think she should have died before her mommy and daddy said they wanted her to be a member of their family but God had other plans.  Jenny is not one to use her children for any sort of attention as her main focus has been just on letting Amelia heal and grow accustom to being a valued and treasured member of their family.

This is Amelia with her mommy when we were there in March.

Amelia has done amazing since joining her family!  She gained weight and was hitting the scales at a whopping 22 pounds on October 31st.  

I had fun taking pictures of Amelia as she showed
us her personality.

Amelia just might be a little musician as she
loves listening to music.  She how much she has
changed since the first time I visited her!


I have been in the Brown family home several times and have seen first hand how this amazing family works together to help Amelia get better.  The last time I was there little Amelia was sitting in her bouncy seat jamming as her big brother Elijah played his drums.  

Today Amelia is in the ICU as doctors try feverishly to identify what is making this little girl so sick. Her labs are dangerously high and a reason has yet to be identified.  The Brown family is praying for her health and today I am coming to you all to ask that you pray for her as well.  Jenny is sitting in ICU and really is not able to share much so she has asked me to come to you all for prayers but I would like to do  more than that.  I would like to flood the hospital mail system with well wishes and cards to show little Amelia how much she is loved.    When Carrington was in the hospital so many of you sent lovely cards, messages, notes, and gifts to let her know she was being prayed for and what a special little girl she was.  Honestly, that was what kept her and me holding on.  I hung each of those cards and messages up all over her room so she and everyone else could see just how loved my princess was.  My friend Sarah even set up a blog for Carrington for you all to follow.  That is just what friends do for each other especially when they care!

Can we all send a little note or something to Amelia?  I already know of a local sheriff's office that is sending a little something to Amelia even thought they do not know her personally but rather know of our family.  I can't wait for Jenny and Amelia to start receiving all of the love.  You can send any prayers and well wishes to

UNC Memorial Hospital
Pediatrics Unit
Attn: Amelia Holly Brown
101 Manning Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27514


Due to Amelia being in the ICU Jenny is asking that any questions be directed here to me and I will do my best to answer as well as update.  You can email me at burmanshelly@yahoo.com

Thank you all so much for caring for this sweet girl the way you loved and cared for my Carrington!












4 comments:

Jill said...

Praying!!!

Dee Etheridge said...

Saying prayers too! I live just a short distance from this family but have never had the pleasure to meet them! However, I am so impressed with their ability to love and care for their beautiful children!

Eleven and Heaven said...

Yes Dee this family does an amazing job raising their children. I love each of the children and am so impressed with what great hearts each of them have! I have learned a lot of great tips from Jenny about running a home with a large family.

Sonya said...

Praying for precious Amelia.