Saturday, September 15, 2012

My First Birthday Party


Yesterday I had my very first birthday party.  I celebrated being 5 years old.  Now I am the same age as my brother Ethan (but only for another 6 weeks).  Since I am the Princess, Mommy and Daddy gave me a Princess party and Sarah baked the cupcakes for my party.  My first cupcake ever was chocolate with pretty princess pink frosting and little sprinkles all over the top and it was all topped off with 5 pink candles.  I don't really eat food by mouth (but I am so working on it with my mommy) but what I do is taste a lot of different things.  Tonight I actually took a couple of little bites of my yummy cupcake.  I am thinking this eating thing might not be so bad after all especially when I grow some teeth to be able to chew.

Mommy bought me this cute princess shirt so I would be dressed just right for my party.  Of course it did not stay white very long but I my mommy got all of the chocolate out of it.  After eating I had some presents waiting for me to open.  Mommy and Daddy gave me my very first set of wheels.  This looks like it is going to be fun.  I thought maybe I heard Mommy tell Daddy just how good this would be for me to learn to use both of my legs and to get stronger for walking but then I realized certainly they would not get me something for my birthday that would mean work!  Or would they?!  Oh well, I am sure I can get one of my siblings to push me wherever I want to go!  I have a way of getting people to come running whenever I want  need them :)  Then I got some toys  and lots of new clothes to wear.  One of my favorite things is a rattle that is totally princess.  Thank you Mrs. Simonson!

My very first birthday party was so much fun!!  I cannot wait to see what I am going to do for my next birthday party!  Meanwhile I hear we are about to have a whole bunch of birthdays in our house with my brothers and sisters so this is going to be fun!  Wonder what kind of cupcakes they will have?!


The Princess sits on her throne just waiting.



Everyone sang Happy Birthday as I started to lick my lips!


Oooh boy this is so good!


Kisses to the cook. Love you Sarah!


Now it is time to lick my lips. YUM YUM!


My first set of wheels.  I am only 5 and I have wheels before my big sis Madelaine. I can give her a ride if she wants.


Everyone was ready to help me open my presents.



4 comments:

Jill said...

Happy 5th Birthday Princess Carrington!!! You are growing SO very big. God has big plans for you. :-)

Your buddy Elijah says Happy Birthday too. He had his cake today and turns 5 tomorrow! You are both growing into such beautiful children.

Love to all the Burmans!

Caleb said...

Happy Birthday Miss Carrington! We all praise God for the living miracle that is you! It looks like you had a rockin' 5th b-day- miss you and all your brothers and sisters and parents always!

Joy@WDDCH said...

Happy Birthday darling girl!!!

Viviane said...

Happy Birthday, Carrington.

Also wanted to let you know that Genuine Gem has been requested by a family working with my placing agency and they have received preliminary approval for her. They are working on their dossier now and hoping to have her home next year.