When my friend brought home her 4 children from Bulgaria I was blessed to be a part of this amazing moment. To watch Jenny bring those babies (ok so they were not babies in the literal sense) across the line that says IMMIGRATION was totally unfrogettable yet it also was painful not for me but for my two boys who were still waiting to come home. Waiting unnecessarily. Waiting not because of our mistakes but because of the continual efforts of others.
Jenny planned very carefully for the arrival of her children but most carefully for her two girls who were in very fragile condition. Her health insurance was ready to add the girls, her family had worked hard to set up the rooms, and most importantly Jenny (with all of her pediatric ICU experience) was ready medically. But sometimes no matter how much you prepare there are some things that come up as far as expenses go that you just had not envisioned. It happens to so so many of us especially when you adopt internationally as you do not ever know the full and true extent of your child's diagnosis. At that moment I did not have the monetary flow we should have had as those funds were now paying for TAKE 2 of the boys' adoption but I remembered how a friend of mine set up a chip in for us when Carrington came home and how much that helped me and of the chip in and meal train I set up for another adoptive family whose girls faced hospitalization when they came home. You don't know but just to have those blessings of extra funds truly means and helps a lot. So I set up a chip in and asked several friends to post it on their blogs as well. Many people gladly did so as they truly wanted to help these precious little girls and their family. Kindness often shown in the adoption community. Well, just a few days of having the chip in up and soon I found out that some of these families were contacted by Shelley Bedford to take down the chip in because we are a bad family who is in bad standing with the MOJ (ummm no we WERE NOT) and that if they did not want their adoption to be jeopardized then they needed to take it down and have no connection to "that" family. Tears of anger flowed from my eyes. Why in the world would Shelley do this? Do this to Jenny's girls and to these other families? Then as if that was not bad enough that same message went to the very friend I was trying to help. Only this message was coming from Shelley Bedford and Toni (the Bulgarian facilitator)-both of whom I have nothing to do with and in no way shape of form have the right to share ANY information about our family much less slander our name.
Bullying. Really?! In a community in which we should all be protecting and helping one another? Apparently so and it needs to stop!!! There are organizations who will not put up with this and those organizations have been contacted with this information and all supporting documentation. Yes, I do have documentation!! Shelley and Toni and others are trying to slander our family name and separate us from the adoption community. It won't work because the truth always comes out in the end and for those involved in this slander, the end is about to come and not by my doing but by their own hands. It is a shame but one they created and now they must answer for their actions. There are plenty of social workers, adoption agencies, and others who are honest, ethical, supporting and trustworthy. I will be sharing a list of those I know to be just such the people/organizations.
Jenny planned very carefully for the arrival of her children but most carefully for her two girls who were in very fragile condition. Her health insurance was ready to add the girls, her family had worked hard to set up the rooms, and most importantly Jenny (with all of her pediatric ICU experience) was ready medically. But sometimes no matter how much you prepare there are some things that come up as far as expenses go that you just had not envisioned. It happens to so so many of us especially when you adopt internationally as you do not ever know the full and true extent of your child's diagnosis. At that moment I did not have the monetary flow we should have had as those funds were now paying for TAKE 2 of the boys' adoption but I remembered how a friend of mine set up a chip in for us when Carrington came home and how much that helped me and of the chip in and meal train I set up for another adoptive family whose girls faced hospitalization when they came home. You don't know but just to have those blessings of extra funds truly means and helps a lot. So I set up a chip in and asked several friends to post it on their blogs as well. Many people gladly did so as they truly wanted to help these precious little girls and their family. Kindness often shown in the adoption community. Well, just a few days of having the chip in up and soon I found out that some of these families were contacted by Shelley Bedford to take down the chip in because we are a bad family who is in bad standing with the MOJ (ummm no we WERE NOT) and that if they did not want their adoption to be jeopardized then they needed to take it down and have no connection to "that" family. Tears of anger flowed from my eyes. Why in the world would Shelley do this? Do this to Jenny's girls and to these other families? Then as if that was not bad enough that same message went to the very friend I was trying to help. Only this message was coming from Shelley Bedford and Toni (the Bulgarian facilitator)-both of whom I have nothing to do with and in no way shape of form have the right to share ANY information about our family much less slander our name.
Bullying. Really?! In a community in which we should all be protecting and helping one another? Apparently so and it needs to stop!!! There are organizations who will not put up with this and those organizations have been contacted with this information and all supporting documentation. Yes, I do have documentation!! Shelley and Toni and others are trying to slander our family name and separate us from the adoption community. It won't work because the truth always comes out in the end and for those involved in this slander, the end is about to come and not by my doing but by their own hands. It is a shame but one they created and now they must answer for their actions. There are plenty of social workers, adoption agencies, and others who are honest, ethical, supporting and trustworthy. I will be sharing a list of those I know to be just such the people/organizations.


No comments:
Post a Comment