First of all let me thank you all so much for continuing to bless the Brown family via the chip-in we have set up for them! It is great to see the donations of every amount coming in!! I am happy to see all the thoughtfulness coming from near and far. I spoke with Jenny for a long time to check in and see how the girls were doing, how dr appts were going, and to share with her some of the comments that have been left with the donations. On donors comment really touched both Jenny and I and I would like to share it with you (with the reader's permission of course):
I am so happy to be a part of this effort to bless the Brown family. They are doing what so many people won't do and that is to look past the age and diagnosis of these two girls in order to give them love of a family. I know you said they have health insurance and are able to provide for the children but I also know that sometimes it is just nice to be able to have been blessed with a few extra dollars. I see that this is done for so many families and it warms my heart to see that you are doing this for the Browns. Please tell them I want them to use this money for however they need.
So now you can see why Jenny and I were both in tears. This is just one of the many comments I have received along with the donations. There has also been so many well wishes of those who are not able to contribute monetarily and those are often exactly what is needed at moments of high stress.
Jenny and I were also talking about the different expenses that the girls (mostly Amelia) faced while in country and I was remembering the expenses we had for Carrington as well. What is scary for us to think about is that had we not sought the care our girls needed they would not be blessing our lives today. Little Amelia if you all remember was one of three girls, her sister Sophia was one of the three, who had to be rushed to Tokuda Hospital back in early February for urgent medical care under the careful guidance of Dr. Lilova. Jenny and her husband paid over $600 for that but never even thought twice about it because that is what a parent does. When Jenny asked me about the time we were with Carrington in the hospital I shared with her how my friend Sarah started Carrington's blog and the chip in as well and what it meant to Brian and I. Yes, we-just like Jenny and Steven-have medical insurance and YES we can and do provide for ALL of our children but there were things that we had not known about since we did not have her full and true medical information. For instance, we had a car seat for Carrington but because of her frail body and in ability to cope with the lights etc we had to get her a different car seat. Jenny says that is what she will be doing with some of the money you all have generously given because Sophia's back has been broken so many times that her spine is literally on the her side-not down the middle of her back-and she will always have to be in a car seat that is equipped to not only hold a larger child (as she grows) but also one that is incredibly cushioned. Sophia will never be able to walk and more than likely will get around by a sort of crawl on her belly. Sooooo, what you all have done by donating is blessing this little girl who just turned 16 years old.
Just being able to watch as people have donated to the medical fund in Pleven, to the Musser family for sweet Katie's medical fund, to the nurse/baba fund for Pleven...I am so taken back by the things God has provided to those answering His command to help the orphans. I know that anyone involved with adoption, whether it be the family adopting, the social worker, the adoption agency and even the facilitator adoption is a community effort and to see people supporting the Brown family truly makes my heart smile ever so big!


1 comment:
Shelly, please tell Jenny that if she wants to talk car seats to contact me - I follow her blog and yours and it should be linkable through my comments. I'm a car seat technician and spent quite a length of time at a national conference in June talking about special needs car seats with some manufacturers. Sometimes I can even get special prices on them. There is one particular company that has some seats that I think would be perfect for Sophia and Amelia now and as they grow. I would love to help in any way I can, I have no money right now, but if I can use my skills/knowledge to help (and I'm sure there are experts at the hospital too - I probably know some of them) PLEASE let me know. You can also email me at Callmecrazycbus@hotmail.com. Thanks for keeping us updated on them and advocating for all these other cuties!
Post a Comment