Sunday, November 27, 2011

High Emotions

I know this is Carrington's blog but today I am feeling a bit sad about her little brother Mason. It was 3 years ago today our Mason went home to play with Jesus. I have been told it will get easier with time; the pain that is, but I am still aching inside. When I look back I can see God's mighty hand working in the events which brought Mason to us and reasons why He called him back home. Mason ultimately led us to our 5 children in Ukraine! There are days when I look at Carrington and I see just how much she looks like her little brother: dark hair, beautiful long eyelashes, and darker complexion. With how early Mason was born he and Carrington would be about the same size and probably be the best of friends. When Carrington was at the worst moment in her frail health I felt a peace come over me as we were being attended to by all the doctors and nurses at Cook Children's but on the flight home all that went through my mind and heart was the day I held Mason as he slowly left this life and went on to his eternal life. My heart was never angry towards God but I sure wondered why? Today as I looked at Carrington making herself social at church I could see her brother's spirit in her. Mason had a way of making my heart smile when I did not want to just as Carrington does for me. We celebrated each little milestone Mason accomplished while at the hospital and we still do today for Carrington. Today Carrington made a little friend at church named Jeremy. Her first church friend. I am not sure Daddy will be so thrilled to hear his princess is talking to the boys :)

Mason's short little life touched so many people in so many different ways as does his big sister Carrington. He changed my heart. We set up a literacy foundation at the hospital in honor of Mason's incredible life so that other babies who are in the NICU can have stories read to them by their mommies and daddies just as we did for Mason each night. Carrington's story went around the world, touched hearts, and changed minds. All that she endured in that orphanage was not in vain. Pretty powerful for two very small little ones right?! It is because of my two youngest children that I cannot rest nor pass the torch on the plight of these precious children who do not get to experience the most amazing medicine that money cannot buy: the LOVE of a family. We were blessed to pour our love onto Mason for just 3 weeks but it was that love that showed anyone who doubted that Mason would even live the day out how powerful it is. Love once again showed the world how mighty it can be when Carrington was struggling to live. That famous song which states "ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE" sure does sum it all up. It may not always give us what we want ( I wanted Mason to live) but it does glorify God's master plan. Mason was not meant to live with us here on Earth forever but instead was meant to touch our hearts forever with the fingerprints of God.

4 comments:

Linnea said...

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Be blessed
Ashlee
http://ourjourneytoadoption.beckfamily143.com/

Jill said...

Shelly,
I've been thinking of you all weekend. Praying for the Lord's comfort for you. It is an amazing testimony to God's Faithfulness to see what He has done w/ Mason's and Carrington's lives. Thank you for simply being obedient.
Love to you and your family.

Cook Children's said...

Hi Shelly,

We have been following Carrington's blog for a few months now and are very touched. What a blessing Carrington and Mason have been for you life. Thank you for sharing your story with us and please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Thank you,

Morgan Burns
PR/Social Media
morgan.burns@cookchildrens.org

Jolene said...

It it truly humbling to see how the Lord uses our little treasures to change hearts and move them back to Him!