This morning Carrington and I were at Cook Children's for a checkup with her orthopedist and had some extra time before the actual appointment so we headed up to Carrington's first home in America: 5th Floor North at Cook Children's Hospital. We wanted to surprise her friends at just how big she has grown. You see, every single nurse, doctor, and care giver on that floor gave their very best to Carrington and helped her grow into this beautiful angel we now have blessing our family. As I walked through the doors the nurses recognized me but actually thought I had adopted another baby until I turned Carrington around and then each of their faces burst with smiles. Not one person could believe just how big Carrington was. They were commenting on her cheeks and even her legs. One of her first nurses was Amber and as soon as Amber saw Carrington she came over and held her. These are the people who first laid on eyes on Carrington when she weighed a mere 11 pounds and now they are seeing a 26 pound bundle of love. It was fun to catch up with all of the nurses and even to have a moment with Miss Carol who was Carrington's special care giver. Miss Carol and Carrington shared a very special bond during Carrington's 5 week stay. I will forever be grateful to the staff for their diligence in treating Carrington's medical issues but also for the way they showered my Princess with total love and acceptance. That alone is the most priceless gift this Mommy received for my angel.
Soon it was time to say good bye and head over to our appointment, insert here a quick trip to the Starbucks so conveniently located right in the hospital, and sign in to meet with our doctor. Well, I was holding my coffee in one hand while Carrington was in the sling carrier. I have been carrying her in that as much as possible to help her bond with me more and I am so very happy to say that in the past few days she has begun to actually snuggle in to my chest and lay there for a few moments at a time. Anyways , Carrington kept turning her head and sticking her tongue out as if she was going to get a taste of Mommy's carmel brule latte. So I would switch hands behind her back. Well she would look where the drink used to be and then turn around and look at the other hand. She is just way too smart! Finally I finished the drink and put it in the trash and boy oh boy did she give me a look of a disgruntled little girl who wanted that coffee. I tried to catch it on my phone so here are just a few glimpses of a girl on a mission to get a sip of Mommy's coffee.


6 comments:
LOL! Carrington is gonna take after her mama!
LOL! Love it! And those cheeks...simply irresistible! :-)
My name is Kelly and we adopted a sweet girl from Russia early this year. We are considering adopting again and have been very drawn to a little girl with Spina Bifida that would likely be 5 when we would get her home. I would love to eommunicate to someone that has been "down this road". I know you are very busy but if you have a few mintues sometime my e-mail is cpinson2@cox.net.
Love that little squishy face! :)
My name is Rilla and I belong to a group on Facebook called Praying Angels. We post our prayer requests and then pray for them each day. We keep up wihth several EE orphans and former orphans through the blogs and Carrington is one of them I was wondering after seeing your thanksgiving post and now this one if Carrington is now able to take in food by mouth.
Too cute!
I spent 3 weeks in Seattle Children's Hospital with my 3 year old. (In a coma in ICU for 2 weeks.) I am in AWE of how not only our little guy was taken care of, but how our whole BIG family was loved on and cared for. It was an incredible experience. (Not one I ever want to relive, but incredible none the less.)
I am sure the staff was truly BLESSED by your visit.
Laurel
mama of a dozen
ages: 9, 10, 11, 13, 15, 18, 21, 22, 22, 24, 26, 27
Post a Comment