Just 2 short months ago my heart was forever touched by a sweet little girl in a faraway country that was in need of her family's love and a whole lot of prayer! For those of you who have not met sweet Katie I would like to introduce her and her Mommy to you.
Katie is a sweet little bird who is 9 years old and weighs only 11 pounds! Yes, that is 11 pounds. She is only about 30 inches long and wears clothing that would fit an 18 month old. Her health is extremely frail and all prayers are needed for her to stay strong enough for her mommy to bring her home. Katie should hopefully be coming home within the next 3 weeks and will follow in Carrington's steps and go immediately to the children's hospital. She is going to be blessed with having a nurse accompany her mom on the trip to bring Katie bird home. You can read more about the Musser's journey to bring their sweet little bird home here.
I would like us to all do our best to bless the Musser family in any way we can. The Mussers live in Pennsylvania and I would like to set up for the family to be blessed with meals, volunteers, and any items that the family may need. Who is ready to help me bless this wonderful family?! Here are just a few ways we can bless the Musser family:
- Sign up to bring a meal to them. You can sign up here And if you do not live close to the family a gift card to a restaurant would be wonderful.
- Volunteer to sit with Katie at the hospital once she is out of Pediatric ICU. I will be setting up a volunteer list for people to sign up once we know her status.
- Little Katie would be very blessed if anyone would like to gift her with blanket sleepers, some long-sleeve onesies, and some big waterproof but absorbent bibs size 18-24months.
- Send gift cards to such places as Wal-Mart, Weis Markets, Darrenkamp’s, Ferguson Hassle
- Donate through a chip-in I will set up once the family comes home.
- Diapers probably size 2 or 3
KATIE UPDATE: IF YOU SIGN UP FOR A MEAL BETWEEN THE DATES OF THE NOV. 11TH-20TH PLEASE EMAIL ME FOR THE ADDRESS OF THE FAMILY.
If you have any questions or suggestions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org I would like to close this post with a prayer:
Lord Jesus, You have given us your promise that you will always take care of us. Lord we come to you now asking for Your hand to watch over Katie and her family as they continue this journey to bring her home. Please let Katie's story be a light unto all of our hearts showing us all just how valuable the life of one of Your children is. Katie is touched by Your fingerprint God and we know You will equip not only the Musser family but all of those involved in her care.