Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 4 and a surprise

Day 4 was a tough day for me. Tough because I am so torn about the task at hand of where to help first. There are so many places God has placed on my heart and I just want to fix it all for the kids. I hear daily how I "can't save all the children" and I really do not want to hear that anymore because that is negative. I can save the children if I follow Jesus. Am I going to save them by myself? No. There are hundreds of moms and dads I have met who are trying to save the lives of children all over the world. And the most awesome part is that everyone does it a little bit different! Some people move to a new place as missionaries to the children, some work tirelessly to bring aid to children, and some open their homes to children. Our family has been blessed to open our home and hearts to children with special needs. But it is through our adoption experiences that I have become aware of so many other groups out there who are working to help children. Today I am going to name just a few organizations I am learning about that do just that. So without further adieu:

1. Ds Fact- Some people ask if there is a cure for Ds. No and there probably will never be a cure because Ds is not a disease but simply an addition of a chromosome on the 21st pair of chromosomes.

2. Wishful for her family

Whitney

Girl, born July 2010

Look at the deep, dark eyes on this little beauty!

Whitney has Down syndrome, ventricular septal defect, patent foramen ovale, pulmonary artery hypertension. She had surgery on April 15, 2011 for pulmonary artery contracture. It was successful and she is doing fine. She is a happy baby and very much loved by her caregivers. She can sit with support, she grabs toys, watches toys, reacts to the speech addressed to her.

$0.00 is available towards the cost of my adoption!





3. Carrington's Surprise-Today Princess was blessed by a friend of mine to have her very first photo shoot done. It is so hard for me to imagine this is her first photo shoot as my bio children had more pictures in utero than she had in her 4 years. Thanks to my friend Joanna that changed today. Joanna took over 400 photos of Carrington. She even went so far as to show up to our house with 3 beautiful new outfits for Carrington's first pictures. I will share one with you tonight because you all deserve to see this first. I like this one because she has lots of spunk and personality shining right through.
4. Blog with passion for Ds
http://www.luckytolovelyla.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Homeschoolin Mama said...

Love Whitney.Every morning I wake up and look at her beautiful little face. Just one paycheck away baby!!

Leah said...

too cute!

Katrina said...

What great attitude she has. It's like she is saying "blah to those of you who thought I was worthless. Just look at me now - I'm a princess."

Katrina
Carlene's soon to be momma :)
www.operationorphannomore.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

that picture is adorable!!
thankyou for sharing, i haven't heard of oneofthe organisations so excited to go and check that out! bless your heartxxxx