Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Ok...Ready...Set...Go

Wow! God sure is amazing! He has blessed me with the friendships of two women whom I have not met face to face only through emails. These wonderful women are working very hard to set up an auction of some great things to raise funds to bring Teagan home. Susanna is in the midst of bringing her sweet Katie home and Meredith is a woman who has a heart for orphans, and both are helping us. I did not ask. They did not hesitate. With finances looming overhead for this adoption God sent Susanna and Meredith in to lift that burden off of our shoulders so we could focus on completing the paperwork needed. At this time both women are putting together an auction of items to be set up on a blog whose purpose is to help raise money for the adoption of children from a particular orphanage in a particular European country. Teagan is blessed to be the first orphan to receive this amazing gift and soon many of his friends will know this blessing as well. Susanna is asking anyone who has something they would like to donate to Teagan's Auction For a Chance to contact her at susanna@theblessingofverity.com Please do not feel that what you may have or can make is too small or no one would want it because you just never know. Maybe you are not able to donate at this time but you can pass on the request to others you know. Already we have seen electronics, homemade items, gift certificates and other fun goodies being promised for this auction. Do you know of anyone who may have a time share or service they can donate? Any and all consideration is so greatly appreciated!

My friend Adeye, whom I first met while we were both in Ukraine for the adoption of our sweet children, wrote a truly heartfelt post about a little girl named Liliana who needed our help. You can read her post here. What these children are going through is our problem because we are all God's children. We learned first hand just how much it hurts a parent's heart to watch their child have to go through so many hurdles because their little bodies did not receive the love and nutrition they so desperately need in order to grow and thrive. I wish I could say that our little blog set up here would totally eradicate the orphan crisis but I cannot tell you that. All I can say is if we all did one small part to help than our whole world would eventually be wonderfully affected by the love of God.

Without all of your love and support I cannot say that our Princess would be doing as well as she is today. So many of you were able to come and stay with her at the hospital and then there were all of the cards and beautiful gifts sent to her while she was in the hospital and even a precious necklace made in her honor that raised funds for our family right alongside the chip-in that was set up. We know this love and felt this love. God is calling us to love on another of his children and while it is somewhat exhausting going through the process all over again it is nothing compared to what Teagan is going through. We know that God will equip us because He called us so we pull up our boot straps and very humbly ask for your help to make this auction a huge success. Thank you so much from all of us in the Burman Bunch!

1 comment:

Merideth said...

You and your family are AMAZING and I am so grateful that I get to be part of bringing Teagan home. It is I who has been blessed from knowing you and Susanna! Love to you and your family! ♥