I AM GOING TO BE A SISTER!
I cannot even begin to share with you all how many times I have written this post in my head just trying to share our heart and reach others without upsetting anyone. Ever since our adoption of Carrington we decided that while we would not actively pursue adoption our home and hearts would remain open to other children if that is what God led us to. (Ok I have no idea why this is in italics, sorry). Well, we feel that God is calling us once again to adopt another precious little angel.
Many of you may have read the story and seen the pictures of a precious little 11 year old girl named Liliana (click on her name to read her story) who this very minute lays alone in a crib in a most severe malnourished and emaciated state. Well, hundreds of people rallied and now little Liliana has a grant that is full funded meaning her family does not have to worry about the financial aspect of her adoption and can just focus on bringing her home and helping her to thrive in a home full of love. Liliana has a wonderful family and lots of siblings who will just love on her and show her what family truly means. A friend I have come to know was in the middle of her adoption of her sweet girl when God led her to a never before trip through the halls of this orphanage where she was to discover approximately 11 children in such awful and unthinkable states of emaciation. Thanks to the work of my friend and her attorney in this country these children are now being brought to the forefront and finding families. We are going to be one of those families.
Our family will be growing with the addition of Carrington's brother. I am unable to post his pictures until certain paperwork is completed but we are definitely coming for this sweet boy but honestly I need your help. We have been home exactly 6 months with the girls and they are doing great! Princess is now weighing in at 23 lbs and 9 oz! That is a gain of 12 1/2 lbs since we walked off of that plane and into the hospital.
We all know that there are financial obstacles for every family who is adopting. Does that mean we will just say "Lord, we have already completed 2 adoptions and grown our family by 5 so can you pick another family this time? NO! NO! NO! We are trusting God 110% because that is what He tells us to and we have seen first hand the power of His mighty hand. Our little man already has a grant which is a blessing right there but we still need to raise the remaining funds. I am asking for your help to do this. This little guy needs medical attention right away just as Carrington did and as little Liliana does. Can you all help me with ideas on how we can raise the money?
Do I know that this news may not be well received by some? Yes. Do I know that we may lose some acquaintances as a result of our actions? Yes. Are we saddened by this? Yes. But are we going to still go forth and follow God? YES! YES! YES! I didn't fully grasp the saying that God has a purpose for you until I really let Him show me. When I decided to surrender my need for controlling my life then the door opened so wide and my life truly began. How can I ever explain the amazing feeling I have now that I am doing my very best to follow Him? I come to you all ever so humbly to ask for help and prayers. Thank you for always cheering our Princess on and for your kind comments. They have meant the world to us and will always remain a part of Carrington's life.


55 comments:
~*Congratulations*~ I am so excited for you! Carrington is going to make the BEST sister to her new brother! I will definitely be praying for the finances and for the Lord to use this little man to changes more hearts...much like Carrington has! This is the Lords adoption and HE will fund it!
Ah! Congrats!!!! I love how your family unquestionably and faithfully follows Gods call. No suggestions for fundraising...yet. But I know the right opportunity will present itself!
Congratulations on your journey to your son! I look forward to following it and pray that those who would have anything less than positive feelings about this would find God grace and wisdom in all of this.
God does not call the equipped - he equips the called.
God bless,
Brooke
www.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com
We're behind you 100%! I cannot wait to see who you're bringing home. Thank you for being obedient and walking where God has called you to walk! Blessings :)
Congratulations!!!
God Bless you for listening to God even when the road seems long and hard! I had a successful fundraising effort over 2 Sundays at my church, email me at Dobspc@aol.com....basically we offered bracelets handmade with semi- precious stones by my daughters for a donation...now that our adoption is done my daughters are still making bracelets and want to donate them to other adoption fundraisers...my blog has pics of some, look in April and May...We could send you between 50 and 100!!
Carla
www.bringinghenryhome.blogspot.com
Praise God!! We understand the feeling of starting with nothing and God saying "Go". We will be praying for your family. Carrington looks wonderful!
Oh My!!!! Congrats!!!!! Congrats!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!! How BLESSED this little boy will be to be in this Most AMAZING FAMILY!!!!!!! GOD is so VERY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOW! Awesome news!
Praise the Lord! I am so sad to hear about the other children in the same condition as Liliana, but praise the Lord now some are coming for them! The Lore is more than able to provide. If you did have the money and simply chose to use it for this--that would be a sacrifice. The Bible tells us "to obey is better than sacrifice." thank you for obeying Him!
Praying for your journey. God is so amazing! I know that he will do great things in this adoption! I am excited to continue to read your story and pray along with you all!
(And I don't even know you!)
Wesome! What a mighty God we serve. I will most certainly repost so we can find that $$ fast. I have seen it before, I hope I can see it again!
How wonderful!!! And to think, I was kidding when I asked who was next when we met at NDSC! Can't wait to find out who he is...no fundraising ideas yet, but let me think on it.
Jessica
I just new she was going to be a sister again. Wonderful, wonderful news. Can you e-mail me. My e-mail addy is on my blog. Hugs
Happy to help with a donation, and am thrilled with the news. God bless.
soooo happy for you!!!!
Wowza! This is so exciting! I saw pictures of that little boy and never dreamed he would be your brother, Carrington!!!
Shelly, God bless! We're starting our own adoption journey and are not quite at the announcement stage. But our kids will be brothers and sisters in Christ--they already are.
Congratulations! I'll be praying for your new journey.
Congratulations!!!!
How awesome, go God, go Carrignton's family. I have been following your blog since you brought Carrington home. After the pull from watching others bring home there precious children I really felt the tug after watching your family and precious Carrington. My husband and I are in the process of paperwork to go get sweet Nellie. We live in Nebraska and know Boston and will definitely be at the cupcake fundraiser. Blessings.
Congrats!!!!!! You have done a spectacular job with Carrington and I know you will do the same for her brother. I commend you for your faithfulness and sacrifices to save these little children. Will be Praying Praying Praying that everything moves quickly and you can get him home. CONGRATS!!!!
Poor little guy! I hope you can adopt him real quick!
CONGRATS!! I think you guys are nuts, but I love nuts, and I LOVE you guys even more!!!! Behind you all the way!!!! God will come though and together, with EVERYONE'S help, we will get this precious boy HOME!!! :)
I am so happy to hear that you will be adding to your family. Many of us who want to adopt, look for those super cute pictures of the chunky babies who look healthy, you on the other hand, reach out to those in the most dire need. That takes so much courage and strength. With your permission, I would love to post a link to your page on my blog (which means we need a LOT more people to vist my blog) and also my facebook so we can see we can get the word out that you will need help funding the adoption. Blessings to you!
YAHOO, so happy for your family and for Steven! God will carry you through! Can't wait to watch the journey unfold.
I am so so happy to read this! Congratulations! This is awesome, amazing, wonderful news! So excited to see who your little guy is and to see how God blesses your family through him!
congrats! So happy for you all!
www.lifesongfororphans.org There are several grants, no interest loans and fund raisers. We are raising our money through Both Hands. It's an orphan/widow project. I can give you more details if you like. amycookmeeker@yahoo.com
congratulations! Amy
I'm so excited for you, your family, and your little man!
How wonderful!! Congratulations!!!
Congratulations!!
Bless you, over and over and over again! I cannot think of a better family for this little boy to be joining, and cannot wait to learn "the rest of the story". Meanwhile, you and your new little one will be in my prayers, for his safety and health and for a speed-of-the-wind adoption journey for you.
Wishing you all good things,
Susan in Ky
Cousin to 2 from U.
How wonderful to hear about your new son! Carrington will be an awesome big sister to this little prince! Have you heard of the organization shaohannas hope? (Not sure of spelling...) She is Steven Curtis Chapman's daughter and died in a tragic accident. An organization that funds adoptions was started in her name since she was also rescued via adoption.
If I think of more resources I will let you know!
Hi--I emailed you previously about an opportunity to tell Carrington's story on a good adoption website with a lot of traffic. If you are still interested, it could drive a lot of people to your blog. Feel free to email me at mishelle@spoonfoundation.org. And congrats! P.S. You can see the website at www.adoptionnutrition.org so you know I'm not spamming you! :-)
Love it, Love it, Love it!!!!
Congrats!!! And thank you for saving one of these most desperate Dumplings!! will follow your journey and do whatever I can to help! God bless you!!!!
We will help you and donate money. Please let us know where a chip in is for donations or where we can go on RR to donate. God bless you and your family!
Mary Arnold
Durham, NC
PTL! This is awesome!!! I looked at him and honestly thought about that Lilliana and your Carrington. I envy you I really do. I have been ready for months but sadly my husband is not. There will be backlash. Thats sad but true. Just keep pressing on and remember your fight is not with flesh and blood alone. Praying he will be home soon. Be blessed
Ashlee
Congratulations! I'm so glad for your family and for him, too! Will you have a Chip-In up soon so we can help with the early, out-of-pocket costs?
Congratulations!!! So excited for you. :) Our son is in the same orphanage, and I hope to travel on our first trip in November (don't have our official proposal yet but expect it very soon, Lord willing). You can contact me at carol-at-alteredegg-dot-com
How exciting! Praise the Lord! I was so excited to learn that a family is adopting him! Our daughter is from the same orphanage. Please know that we will be praying for you, your family, and your son!
God Bless you for stepping out to bring your little cherub home! :) I have friends who adopted a little girl from china, and what they did to raise money was they went out and bought a beautiful puzzle (any puzzle will do, hello salvation army!) and asked people to "buy" pieces of the puzzles for 1$ each. As pieces were bought, the family put the puzzle together. After the puzzle was completed, they framed it as a reminder of the hard work they did to bring their little angel home. Perhaps you can do something similar. Best of luck!
Kate
I am so thrilled to read that you are adopting this sweet boy.
Hi,
I came to your blog from The Blessings of Verity link. I am so proud of you and will contribute to your fundraising as soon as I see it. God bless you and your family.
Sue-Wisconsin
I am so happy for you:):) God is so good!
Wonderful!!! Praying for favor from the countries involved in the process and for the judges involved in the decisions to allow this child and others in like situations to come home quickly.
So exciting how God is opening the door to these children! Thank you for letting him use you! Praying that the funds will be raised quickly and that your new son can come home very soon where he can receive the love & medical care he so desperately needs!
I didn't realize you'd posted the news. Congratulations (again)! :) Love to all of you and please know that I'll support you in every possible way that I can!
What fantastically wonderful news!! God bless you all richly.
Joy McClain
Is there an address where we can mail money? (I don't need a tax-deductible receipt.)
Anonymous
Yes. Thank you for your kindness. There are some who would like the address to be able to send donations for Teagan so if you would like please feel free to email me at burmanshelly@yahoo.com and I would love to share it with you.
Congratulations!
Wow, what a great step you made! That's your calling - to take care for the orphans, and that's all that matters! Care less for what others think! I do not know you and you do not know me, but you will always have my moral support (I hope it helps to know :)). Put a chip-in right away so I could donate a few dollars!
First - Congrats! Your servant's heart is inspiring.
Second - I'm wondering if you could set up a table at the Arlington DS Buddy Walk on October 15th to do fundraising. I'm not even sure if this is possible, but that would be a good way to reach a lot of people - maybe a bake sale, or t-shirts or something. Just a thought.
You may be the most courageous and most surrendered family I know! I'm not an idea man but I am a worker bee - if I can do ANYTHING to help...dj
Post a Comment