Friday, August 19, 2011

5 Months and 10 Pounds


Here we are today celebrating the first 5 months home for Princess Carrington. March 17, 2011 Carrington arrived on Texan soil only to be swiftly rushed to Cook Children's Hospital to begin a 5 week long journey to save her life.

Here we are today rejoicing in the fact that our little Princess has put on 10 pounds and filled out her beautiful baby clothes sent to her by so many loving people worldwide.

Here we are today staring at our Princess as she promptly brought herself up from lying on her tummy to a full crawl position on all four (big thanks to our Miss Vicki, the best PT ever!!!!!).

Here Brian and I are tonight laughing our heads off as we listen to our sweet Princess giggle up a storm as she scoots all over her crib which sets just a few feet from our bed.

Here we are today, and every day, thankful that God believed in us long before and even after He sent us over to bring Carrington home (as well as her other siblings). How ever have we deserved such a blessing, such an honor to watch all of her firsts. You see we have not missed her "firsts", we just get to see a whole new set of "firsts" and these are even sweeter than the others.
From this fragile and neglected little body...

To this filled out and loved little one.

From this hurting and scared little girl...

To our little flower full of spice and raspberries for all to see.

From an ignored and emaciated sweetheart...

To a most loved and treasured member of the Burman family.

Thank you Carrington for showing your Mommy just what exactly in life is important. It is not the clothes I wear, accessories that match the clothes, the way my house looks, or the type of car I drive. It is not how much "me" time I have nor is it the vacations I take. It is that life is precious no matter who you are and if God so wills something for my life than it is He to whom I shall give my attention to. Thank you for blessing my life in ways I never knew would be a blessing. Each day for the past 5 months with you has made me smile and burst with joy for each little accomplishment of yours and just for the fact that you are alive and bringing so much to those around you and far away. Thank you for teaching me life's most valuable lesson: Love!



25 comments:

Allison said...

She is an amazing little miracle! I love her cute little dressing around her g-tube. What a great idea! Did you make this? So glad to see her continue to grow and thrive! Peace, Allison

Rochelle Cannon said...

Beautiful! So thankful that she is home and doing so well!

Molly said...

She looks AMAZING! Grow sweet girl, grow!

Lisa said...

My goodness she is filling out nicely! The Lord has some great plans for this blessed baby of His. What a blessing.

Unknown said...

Thank you for this beautiful post. I think of your Princess often and thank God he sent your family to rescue her. She is amazing beyond words and looks so happy and full of life. Praise be to God!

The Annessa Family said...

Oh sweet Carrington - you have taught us ALL so much little one!

Brooke
www.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com

Scrappy quilter said...

What an incredible difference and what a delight. I love the strawberry picture. She is a sweetheart.

Connie Renee said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Praise the Lord for the blessings! What joy! I don't know if you remember this but our Sophina ( our two+ year old still has a feeding tube too. I WANT ONE OF THOSE things that is going around the feeding tube! How cool is that! Did you make it?
I am so excited to see how amazing Carrington looks and how she is so loved and cared about! Love to you

Stephanie @ Ralphcrew said...

oh man! she's awesome!! and so is her family. you rock!!

Jennifer Varanini Sanchez said...

Meeting Carrington (and you!) was the highlight of my trip to San Antonio. HOORAY for your chubby cherub girl. xoxoxoxo

Jennifer Hall said...

Carrington- your mommy needs a "LOVE IT!!" button on this blog! You are amazing, and I am in awe of how God is working through you!!

Patti said...

Oh, I love these before and after shots!! Thank you for being so obedient to God and such an example of love and faith.

Adrienne said...

Cheers to sweet Carrington! What a blessing she is to all of us who are still rooting for her and praying for her!! Thank you for this glorious illustration in photos. God is good ALL THE TIME!

Jill said...

Awesome! Just simply amazing!!! GOD IS GOOD!!!

Ange said...

Such a beautiful sight. 5 months full of miracles. I can't wait to see her continue on the journey of discovery.

For Her Redemption said...

*Tears! Keep growing little love! Your chubby cheeks sure are beautiful!

dj said...

Amazing!
to God be the Glory!!!

Elissa said...

Oh gorgeous girl! You are looking so great. It was an honor to meet you at conference a few weeks ago, and I am just so glad that you are doing so well.

Leah said...

wow! God is so awesome!

Kimberly said...

She looks amazing! I feel so blessed to have been able to witness her transformation! I want to kiss that round tummy. God has truly blessed your family.

Rochelle said...

What a change!! :D Amazing what love and attention can do for a body! Keep up the great work! :D

Lori (Maine) said...

She's such a precious gift--I'm so glad you guys have each other--what a blessing!

Connie Renee said...

Oh how i wish that you were on FB so we could 'talk' more. She is just precious! She is beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing your story with us....we so very much appreciate it! (((((HUGS)))))

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, what a chubby girl! What a blessing she is to everyone who reads her story. Redemption! There is hope for EVERY child!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shelly, This is Amanda Karol! Everytime I look at your blog I cry, I remember that weak body and to see how chubby she is make me sooooo happy! I really look up to you and I pray to have the strength you have shown. Thank You! We should catch up!!!!