Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Big Weigh In

Drum roll please............Carrington went for her weight check and came in weighing a whole 17lbs. and 6oz! Can you believe that? She has gained 6lbs in only 3 months. She also measures 28 1/2" long. Our pediatrician and her nurses are just taken back with how amazing Carrington has done. Brian and I were just staring at her the other night as she laid on our bed and reflecting on how much she has changed both physically and cognitively. Of course that was right before Carrington grabbed ahold of Daddy's chest hairs and pulled:) While Brian was reeling in pain I was confirming his earlier statement of how strong she has become:)

Carrington is now able to hold herself in this kneel position with just a tiny bit of help from Miss Vicki, her PT.
Miss Vicki cannot believe just how strong Carrington's arms are getting. We don't have her work too hard yet because she still is not allowed to expend more calories than she takes in.
Phew!! All done. Look at how beautiful those arms look!

17 comments:

Joy@WDDCH said...

You can tell her arms have a little more meat on them, too! Great job, Carrington!

Unknown said...

That is such exciting news. Princess Carrington I am so proud of you. Love and affection go a long way in renewing a lost spirit. Praise God!

Tona said...

exciting news! she is beautiful! so happy to see she is doing so well =)

figwittage said...

She's so beautiful :)
So HAPPY to hear how well she's doing! xx

Jeanne Pellerin said...

Bless you for the love and care you have given to this precious child!

Brandi said...

Wow!! Look at you princess :) I'm so excited for you. The world is slowly opening up for you. Keep up the good work!

Brandi

Kimberly said...

Hooray for Carrington! She's growing so quickly; I am amazed by her progress on all levels. And seeing the pictures of her now next to the picture of her from three months ago makes it that much more real. What a pretty girl!

Prayers and well-wishes from the Wyatts!

www.wyattzoo.blogspot.com

Jill said...

AWESOME!!! That's is such great news, Shelly. I love it. She is growing so much. To God be the Glory!

Anna Theurer said...

Yay Carrington! She is doing so well because she knows that she is loved. She feels safe and secure. Carrington is absolutely beautiful. She rocks those headbands

Redeeming Hidden Treasures said...

I'm so glad that she is doing so well! :) She is just gorgeous!! :)

Heather said...

I LOVE THE CHUNK ON HER ARMS!!!!! I have been following Carrington's story and am sending love and tears of joy from New Hampshire -

Lori (Maine) said...

Hey Sweet Princess Carrington, you are getting sooo big and strong! Praise God! I've missed reading about you and your family the past 9 days as my mom has been in the hospital during that time due to a recent cancer diagnosis. I thought of you during those scary times and I prayed over my mom just as your mommy and loved ones prayed over you. Your story strengthened me, precious Carrington. You are such a fighter and I am honored to be able to follow your journey and that of your wonderful family on this blog. Hugs, Lori

Rochelle said...

Yay for Carrington!!! Love following her progress...thanks for posting!

Rochelle
Elk Grove, CA

Kellan's momma said...

Brings tears to my eyes beautiful girl!

Charissa said...

Wow!.....Just wow! Congrats, Mama!

Anonymous said...

What a great weigh in! We'll be praying for continued progress in all areas...and tell Daddy to look out - she's getting stronger every day! ;D Also - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the weighted blanket!! THANK YOU!

Nana and Papa said...

Your girl is getting there. Keep up the great parenting!!!!