Thursday, April 14, 2011

Surgery Today

Carrington is out of surgery and recovering. The fundo and g-button went as planned but her teeth were another story :( They were only able to save two teeth, but not the two they had planned to save. Every single one of her teeth were abscessed :( Can you imagine the pain that would cause? They were able to save two molars (on top-one on each side) in hopes of keeping her jaw from collapsing (which is what would happen if they pulled every single one). It is very important Carrington had these teeth removed as it is definitely a strong possibility that teeth so badly infected like this may cause endocarditis and other life threatening situations. Shelly said that her mouth is still bleeding a lot so pray that the bleeding will stop. Shelly was told to plan on Carrington being in the hospital at least until Wednesday, and I'm sure that all depends on her her feeds go, if her reflux is greatly improved from surgery, and if her bleeding in her mouth is under control.

I will update more as I hear from Shelly...for now keep the prayers coming!

26 comments:

Jeanne Pellerin said...

Poor sweet angel baby! Praying for her!

Leah Spring said...

Yes, that nissen is a tough surgery to go through! My daughter had hers done at 11 months. It was a life saver for her though! She gained 9 lbs in 6 weeks! Some kids have a lot of retching after the surgery, my daughter was lucky and did not. Axel (age 10) came home from Serbia in December. Just 4 weeks ago he had 6 rotted teeth pulled and 10 they had to restore. It took about 3-4 days before he was no longer drooling blood. Since then he's gotten THREE new teeth! We had to get all the dental work done to prepare him for spinal fusion as he has severe AAI with impingement on his spinal cord. Praying for Carrington!

Kat said...

We are praying. My heart hurts for her through this recovery, but is also thanking God that this surgery (that can aid her healing) is over with.

Unknown said...

Just sent out a loud prayer for strength and relief from pain. Sweet little girl, know that today is tough but tomorrow will be a little better and soon you will home with family for the first time ever!

I Just Love You said...

oh, that poor girl! at least she has some meds to keep the pain at bay. but not having bad teeth is going to make her an even happier baby. she's probably never know life without pain and that is a sad though. so happy she is finally going to have a good life.

Kristin said...

So glad the tummy surgery went well. My whole family will be praying for her super speedy recovery, especially her sweet little mouth.

Redeeming Hidden Treasures said...

Praying for the tiny angel. I hope that the bleeding gets stopped and the pain relievers are good. Poor little angel.

Lorene said...

Oh that poor, sweet girl. I can't imagine what she has suffered in her short precious life. Thank goodness she'll never suffer needlessly again.

Joy@WDDCH said...

Oh sweet baby! I had an abscessed tooth (wisdom tooth) and it IS painful, not to mention the nasty taste in your mouth after it is pulled and the puss drains. I cannot imagine my entire mouth being like that. My heart is just hurting for her. Praying for sweet sleep and fast recovery!

Rochelle said...

Thanks for the update. Praying for that sweet girl. Oh I can't imagine the pain with all those rotten teeth! Bless her.

Nan and Dan said...

praise god!! pryaing the bleeding stops so she can go HOME!!!

Lisa said...

Praying for the Mighty Lord to stop the bleeding from her mouth. praying for fast and healing and sweet peace as her tiny body heals.

Amanda Wood said...

Oh that precious precious little girl. I recently had a root canal done and was in such terrible pain, I can't even begin to imagine that pain in my entire mouth. How was she not constantly crying???? Oh sweet child, I hope you recover soon! Praying for you!

Grizzly Bear said...

Poor baby! I will pray for this little darling. What a trooper.

Anonymous said...

Her before and after pictures DO show that God is still in the miracle business!

I was wondering...do the doctors prescribe eggs, which is one of the only basic foods to help her with her acid reflux? It seems like it would neutralize the acid.

a former chemistry teacher

LisserB said...

Poor baby. I'm so glad that she has a mommy to love her through her recovery. Sending big hugs from Canada.

Melissa

Patti said...

We are praying for you, Carrington!!

noahandlylasmommi said...

Oh poor Carrington :( no fun at all. Praying for a quick recovery for her. Thank you for the update.

Mary @ Cheerios said...

My kids and I are praying for Carrington. My daughter (age 8) just had one of her teeth pulled last week. I can't imagine almost all of them. wow, the pain must have been terrible. God bless Carrington. Keep growing, little one! GOd loves you so much! GOd bless you guys.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

there is a great herbal tea which helped me several times after the extraction of teeth. After drinking a cup of this tea in sips, the bleeding stopped very quickly and the healing progressed extremely quickly. After one day the wounds in my mouth had closed already.

It's called lady`s mantle and you should get it in the pharmacy.

Blessings!!!

The Ironic Catholic said...

Praying!

Susan

Jenny said...

Praying for Carrington and all those in her life including the nurses and doctors. Lots Hugs and kisses sweet Carrington. Your RR family

one_plustwins said...

Prayers for sweet Carrington and peace for Shelley.

Julie said...

This little angel is a gift to all of us. I will pray for her too!

Anonymous said...

Poor little kid! Hoping today is much better and she really does get to go home on Wednesday! How amazing she may be in her OWN bed and in her OWN home in less that a week! God is amazing! Carrington is pretty amazing too!

Amanda
Michigan

chicks3 said...

Wondering how she's doing......