Monday, April 25, 2011

I Love Being Home!

Hello Everyone! It's me Princess Carrington and I am at home. Mommy and my biggest sister Madelaine took me home just in time for Easter. Can I just tell you how happy I am to be at home?! The day I left all of my special friends on 5th floor north at Cook Children's Hospital they had special presents for me and were giving me lots of well wishes and hugs. I love them so much!
Thank you to everyone who prayed for me while I was getting all better. Mommy would read me all the comments that you all left on the blog as well as the prayers that were left by all of my friends who came to stay with me at night. In my whole life I have never known what it meant to be important nor what it felt like to be loved but all that changed the day my mommy and daddy came to get me and bring me home. So many of you I may not meet this side of heaven but I am so loved and that was the medicine I needed. The medicine God knew I needed. Mommy has told me just how very special I am and that God has a special purpose for me in this life. Thank you for loving me, praying for me, sending me special notes and even for all the wonderful presents! This was a special time for my Mommy and I to just get to know each other and now I don't really like her to be very far away from me:)
Since I have been home things sure have been busy and noisy! You see I have 6 siblings at home so there is always something going on. Mommy tried to put me in the pack 'n play in her and Daddy's room but I reminded her that I like to sleep in the swing thank you very much!! We did not go to church for Easter as Mommy and Daddy want me to heal a bit more before going to meet everyone but the Easter bunny came to our house:) He left me a cute basker with a bunny and some baby food for the day I get to try eating it. One day it was breezy outside and Mommy let me sit in my bouncy seat and let the wind blow through my hair. WOW! I sure do love the feel of the wind through my hair and the sunshine on my face. Where has this awesome creation of God's been all my life?! So now each day Mommy and I walk outside together for a quick moment so I can see the flowers and trees and hear the birds. Did I tell you my Mommy was so nervous about me coming home she had to mow the lawn and plant flowers so everything would be just right when I came home? Well, don't tell her but all I really wanted was to sleep next to her and drift off to sleep all to my Daddy snoring. I am eating real good with my Gbutton and starting to sleep better so I can grow. Today I met my pediatrician, Dr Tomberlin, and I just love her! She is going to take great care of me just like she does my siblings. I now weigh a whole 14lbs and 11 oz. and I am 30 inches long. Yea, I am growing! Oh, my big sister Reagan, well she has decided that she is my personal bodyguard and does not let anyone come near me. She likes to brush my pretty hair that is just growing and growing and she holds toys for me to see. Even Ethan asks me a lot of questions. I wonder if he understands my answers? Guess who I have wrapped around my tiny little fingers? I will give you a hint...he is my hero and has a heart as big as a giant. It's my Daddy! But, shhhhhh don't tell him I know I have him wrapped around like that even though he is the only one who can get me to smile as big as Texas when he carries me around in his big, safe arms. I love my family and am so very thankful God took care of me until they could come get me. Even though I am home safe and sound with my family please do not stop praying for my friends who are still waiting for their Mommy and Daddy to come get them. Prayers are so powerful, I know, so keep praying because God hears you! I love you all!!



I just love eating and sleeping in my swing at home. My brothers and sisters sure did wear me out with all of their excitement when I came home.

Look how fun this thing is! I sure am having fun sitting upright and playing.


Mommy played some great music on the radio so I just thought I would sing along with it.





26 comments:

M. E. said...

Precious, Precious Carrington!

Blessings

Melissa

http://journeytoonemore.blogspot.com

Leah said...

aww so cute! So happy you are home & doing well. I have a package still for ms Carrington. can you email me at singergirl15@yahoo.com with her address?

Christina said...

LOVE IT!! Warms my heart. She looks so much like my little girl, and the video of her singing sounded EXACTLY like my little girl. Maybe this is why I am so addicted to following beautiful Carrington with her wonderful family. Thank you so much for sharing her with all of us. I look forward to many more wonderful updates and beautiful photos!

Amanda Wood said...

So glad you are enjoying being home Carrington!!! Your shirt says it all, "Too Cute." You certainly are too cute! I will be continuing to pray for you and for other children waiting for their mommies and daddies to come get them!

Elissa said...

So glad you are home, happy and growing! You look great sweet Carrington!!

Becca said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. So happy to be reading this wonderful update this morning! Carrington has a bright future.

Tona said...

She is so beautiful! I am so glad I had the opportunity to read her story and follow as she got well. and I am super excited to see she is home and doing so well! Good luck Carrington, and your family. You truly are a very, very Loved little girl!

Tona said...

She is Beautiful! I glad I found this story and got to follow as she received the love and care she needed to heal and get well. I am thrilled she is home safe with her family and continuing to thrive! Good Luck Carrington, we are thinking of you and wish you and your family the best! You truly are loved by many. And a voice of hope.

one_plustwins said...

Thank you, Carrington for sharing your adventure with us.
Love,
From just one of your cyber-Aunties in Indiana :)

Scrappy quilter said...

Okay I'm crying...It's so good to see her home.

Barb said...

Thank you for the update! It's so sweet to see Carrington blossoming in the love you are showing her. I can't imagine her joy (or yours!). There is no greater ministry than caring for God's precious and helpless ones.

Praying for strength and blessings for you and your family. And love to lil Carrington. <3

Barb

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful from Miss Carrington!! So glad to hear she is getting lots and lots of love. Just what she needed :)

The Annessa Family said...

I cried like a baby when I read about how much you love your daddy! Daddy's arms are big and safe, huh?

Praying for you sweet girl!

Brooke Annessa
www.theannessafamily.blogspot.com

Jeanne Pellerin said...

She is so beautiful! Thanking God for bringing you together! I hope that I can be a blessing in a child's life like you have been in Carrington's. Please, please continue to update her blog! I have a heart for children like her. God bless you all!

Gretchen said...

This makes my heart absolutely melt! I am so grateful that you got to your precious Carrington when you did. Praise God!

figwittage said...

You're looking so great Carrington!!! SOOOO happy for you! xxxooo

my family said...

oh what wonderful news I am so happy for you all to be together finally at home. I pray for this little one every day

Anonymous said...

This is so amazing!! Carrington is my hero! Such a strong bundle of sweetness. I will continue to pray for your daughter and all the other children. Thank you so much for sharing your family's miracle. God Bless Carrington!!!
Kristine in NJ

Lori said...

Hello Sweet Princess Carrington, THANK YOU AND YOUR FAMILY for writing to us about your first Easter with your forever family! I've missed hearing about your day to day life but I understand you are a very BUSY Princess these days with so many new things to see and experience. You are beautiful precious girl and I am sooo thankful to God that He sent your family to rescue you and especially glad that you are growing stronger each day. What a joy you are! Lori from Maine

tara neal said...

What a Nice Update!
Still praying!

Joy@WDDCH said...

She sure does seem to love to SING! Love it!!!

iamhoney said...

I have been looking for an update on beautiful Carrington since she left the hospital. I am so happy at the difference between now and when she got here. Keep up the good work Mommy and Daddy! God saved her for a reason. She is like a little ray of sunshine and a piece of heaven right down here on earth. I know you are one busy mama but could you please update us on this beauty every now and again. Thank you for making a difference in the life of a child.

Samantha said...

This made me cry HAPPY tears.
Sweet Carrington, what a beautiful and precious little girl you are!

God bless!
Samantha
www.thestewreport.blogspot.com

Emily in NY said...

Oh, SO wonderful! Love hearing about you being home and loved and happy. And the prayers will absolutely continue. :)

Akarol25 said...

I love to see those chubby legs I cant wait to see her fat and round she is on her way!!!!!

SweetiePunk Pendants & Photos said...

God Bless You!