Carrington got all dolled up (including this sweater made by Heather) to make her grand entrance into the Burman house!
I know the Burmans are forever grateful for your prayers, cards, letters, comments, notes, friendship, donations, and support!
Shelly and I aren't sure what the future holds for this blog but she knows you all would just die if you didn't get occasional updates on the princess, so I can unofficially promise that you will get some :) (along with some serious advocating on Carrington's behalf so that others don't end up in the condition she was in upon her entry to the U.S.).
Carrington is lucky. I know you're thinking what the heck is that woman talking about lucky? When I say that, I mean, she is lucky that she had two parents who answered God's call to save her life. She wasn't their first plan, or even second, but when they heard God calling, after briefly saying, "are you crazy?", they simply obeyed and jumped in with both feet. The happy pictures you see on this blog today would not be here had they not simply said "Yes, God." The Burman's are not heroes, they are a family who has decided to fully surrender to God's plan. They are a family who puts themselves and their desires last. That is very rare in this instant gratification/self fulfilling world we live in today. They are an example that others should follow.
Sadly there are way too many other orphans who never see the other side of the coin. They waste away and starve to death without ever knowing the love of a family...they die alone a slow and painful death because nobody stepped up to the plate and answered God's call. God commands us to take care of orphans and like I've said before, that looks different for all of us, but more of us need to step out on faith and listen to the call to adopt. So don't let Carrington's story fizzle out of your mind. How could it after you've seen the pictures and heard the story? Every day make a conscious effort to take that piece of Carrington's story with you out into the world and make a difference.
Signing off for now.....


31 comments:
Thankful for answered prayers! Welcome home Carrington, welcome home!
I say this as a crying, confused sometimes agnostic - Bless you. Not the condescending "Well bless her soul" that we sometimes get in the grocery store w/our kids. I mean it - May God bless her & her family.
Oh my gosh such wonderful wonderful news.
That smile, she is glowing. THe day has come, God Bless!!
God is so good - and she is so FULL of LIFE now...she is just a totally different little girl!
Brooke Annessa
www.theannessafamily.blogspot.com
~*Welcome Home*~ sweet baby girl! May the Lord do many more amazing things in your life!
Yay!!!!! So glad that Carrington is home!!!! My church will be very excited to hear that!!! Easter miracle!!!
Welcome home sweet angel Princess. Please please continue to update us. I will feel very lost if I can't get a Princess update :)
yay! she looks great--growing stronger! i saw that sweet little dress in her hospital room and it looks precious on her! yes, sarah, please keep us updated on carrington!!
Well thank you so much for this blog and thank Shelly for letting you share pictures and updates about her daughter. I am so glad their family is together and Carrington is on her way to health.
So glad she is home! Looking forward to updates bc I just know that God has huge things in store for Carrington and her family. Praying for those who don't have families coming for them and the ones like ours who are waiting for families to come.
This just brings tears to my eyes. Happy tears to seef Miss Princess Carrington home with her family and Sad tears that there are so many children out there that so desperately need homes.
i for one will DIE without updates!!! okay....maybe not. but she stole my heart the day she laid in my arms and locked eyes with me as i sang Jesus Loves Me to her. She was fighting but with a peace that surpasses all understanding. And then on the second visit when she reached out and grabbed my finger it was all over. All my love to your family Shelly. If you ever need anything, just let me know. Princess Carrington changed my life, no doubt about it.
Thank you, Sarah for stepping up to the plate and offering each of us a piece of this amazing story. By the way, i've been to your blog too. Zoya is beautiful!!!!
Brandi
What a doll! I am so happy that she's going home! Look at her flex her leg, so cute! & she looks so much happier too! Lots of love to Carrington & family. xxxooo
What wonderful, wonderful news!!! Praise God for His faithfulness for answered prayers.
Shelly, we will continue to keep ALL of you in our prayers. So many adjustments and changes for all of you yet to come.
Love,
Jill
welcome home Carrington! thanks for the continued updates on Carrington! can you please send the address for their house? I still have a package I want to send to Carrington.
so exciting!! praising God she was "lucky" as you said Sarah...praying for those who haven't been so "lucky" simply because Christians aren't answering God's call...HE IS ABLE...praying hearts will continue to be moved!
what a beautiful sight. Welcome home Carrington!
And please some updates now and then! I'd love to watch this Princess keep blossoming!!
You have and still are changing peoples lives!
I love you! You are loved by so many people.
God Bless you and your family!
~Beth
May God use us ALL somehow, some way, to help save these children. Carrington - we may all be strangers but we all love you! Getting to watch you this past month through the blog has made us all fall in love. I do hope we get more updates because your testimony is powerful and WILL help to save more orphans from meeting Jesus too soon. *HUGS* to you all!
YES!!!!!!!! WELCOME HOME CARRINGTON!!!!
I absolutely LOVE the video! She sounds just like our Bear!! Good luck and Im so happy she is going home. What a fighter she is.
SOOO HAPPY FOR YOUR FAMILY!!!
What a beautiful little princess! Hope she continues to blossom now that she's home!
Giddy with excitement and happiness for Carrington and her family! It has been amazing to have been a witness to her journey from the start of this blog (maybe it was just coincidence, but I consider it providence that I stumbled upon this blog on Day 1), and I feel honored that you and the Burmans have shared her beautiful, sweet soul with the world. I will continue to pray for sweet Carrington; please do keep us updated on her development and progress as she gets to experience many "firsts" with her wonderful parents and siblings.
Welcome to the life you deserve, Princess Carrington! For being someone so tiny, you have had a huge impact on so many people, and I know that you will continue to melt hearts as you grow! You have been a reminder to me that miracles happen. Thank you, precious girl.
There could be no happier news this day. Praise the Lord!
Oh, how I love this girl, and God's story of redemption for her! God bless!
YAY for Carrington! How incredibly exciting for Carrington and the Burmans!!! Praise God!
Hallelujah! Home day - the start of a wonderful, healthy and happy new life for Carrington!
I think we would all love to see updates on how Carrington is doing - she has become a child of our hearts!
She looks wonderful! Thanks for all the updates and happy Easter, Burmans!
Susan
Yayyyy!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys. This is such happy news, especially since you now have your little girl home for Easter.
I'm so thrilled that Carrington (will she be a Carrie, do you think?) is home - she looks absolutely wonderful!
I can see that like me she is very hypermobile (bendy) - maybe when she is bigger and stronger it would be useful for her to see a rheumatologist.
All the very very best - I hope we will be lucky enough to have the occasional update on little Miss C as the years march on.
Becca
Post a Comment