Monday, March 21, 2011

Slight Signs of Improvement and Help Needed

I spoke briefly with Shelly this morning and messaged with her real quick this afternoon. The only update I have at this point is that Carrington has not gained any weight, but she has not lost any either!! This is great news. Shelly's phone was dying but she did say Carrington is going to be there at least a few more weeks at this point and that she got a new IV today. Shelly says Carrinton's color is starting to look better as well! These few slight signs of improvement are great news for Carrington but she obviously still has a long road ahead of her.

Shelly mentioned that she is very stressed that they will have to start leaving Carrington alone in the hospital overnight starting Friday (in order to balance family life at home as well I'm imagining). I did ask her if she'd like me to try and get a list of volunteers in the DFW area who would be willing to spend a night by Carrinton's side loving her and praying over her when Shelly and Brian cannot. She said they would love that...SOOOO If you are in the area maybe you can email me (spbasile at hotmail dot com) your name and phone number if you'd be willing to stay with Carrington a night or two. Are there any RR momma's reading this who are in the DFW area who'd be able to help coordinate this? I'm hoping we have a couple RR families in that area who might be able to help out.  I'm thinking anyone who is willing and able to do this could also stop by the hospital during the day sometime when Shelly is there just to meet her so she is at ease. It would be great if we could get group of folks who'd be willing to help out in this capacity.

Remember, if you're able you can donate HERE. The donations will go toward purchasing gift cards for the family for food, gas, etc. in their time of need.

Another way you can help....I'm thinking I can put a little book together for Shelly and Brian to read to Carrington. Here's how it will work. Email me a message/letter/note for Carrington (spbasile at hotmail dot com). The note can be well wishes, a prayer you've been saying for her, a letter of encouragement, a story you'd like to share about how her story has changed your heart, etc. I will print these out along with the comments that are being left on this blog and make a little book and send it to the Burmans.
And here is the angel you've all been praying so hard for! She is more than worthy. She counts. She is God's precious child. She is opening hearts and changing lives already! God has big plans for this little girl!

15 comments:

Donnie and Karrie Cannell said...

I have been following along as I am sure lots of people have been. I would love to help but have no idea where the DFW is :/
I don't know if Shelly has a facebook, but I do know her blog is set as private. I would love to let her know that we are praying for her.
Here is my email address tinkerbel36@sbcglobal.net
Praying for this sweet girl and her family <3

Ashton said...

I don't want you to take this the wrong way but could I make a "Pray for Carrington" button? just email me if it is an option at princessblogs@yahoo.com
Praying for Carrington!

Melissa said...

I wish I was in the area. I would love to spend the night with Carrington!

Linnea said...

Dallas Fort Worth Texas is DFW. I can help. Just emailed you but forgot to include my phone number.

Be blessed
Ashlee

Anonymous said...

"DFW" is Dallas-Fort Worth, Donnie and Karrie. Unfortunately, I am several states away, but hope those who are closer can stay with Carrington during her hospitalization. She looks a LOT better in this recent photo - there's an alert little person in there, and she looks like she has a lot of determination, all of which will serve her very well.
My church's staff and their personal friends have joined in praying for Carrington - the whole congregation will get the word on Wednesday.
Thanks again for the updates - much appreciated.

Best wishes,
Susan in Ky
Cousin to Two from U.

Lori said...

I just found this blog via the Patterson's blog and I will certainly pray for precious Carrington and her family! I wish with all my heart I lived closer because I would be honored to stay the night and pray over and love that sweet angel baby! Sending prayers from Maine, Lori

Susan said...

Minnesota is a long way from TX...but I do know someone in the Dallas area who is very connected with Catholic parishes there, and may know people willing to help (she may be willing herself!). Does it have to be an RR person or a parent of special needs children?

I'll hold off on contacting her until I hear from you.

Thanks,
Susan

ironiccatholic at yahoo dot com

Sandie Flannery said...

I put Carrington on our Church's prayer chain.And so all of Our Lady Queen of Peace in Gilbert, Pa. are praying for you sweetie!

Patti said...

I wish we lived in Texas! I do have a friend there who advocates for RR - I will contact her, as I'm sure she would love to help!

Leah said...

Wish I could help even though I am only 19 I would offer to help with the other kids at home so they can spend time with Carrington. Sadly I don't live in TX. I have been praying everyday for Carrington & have placed her on our church prayer list as well. I have also shared all the links to the posts/updates about carrington with my friends on fb.

Bulldogma said...

I have put a shout-out to all my DFW peeps.

Ginger said...

I'm in Dallas. I didn't realize that's where she was!
I would LOVE to help! the9clarks@yahoo.com

Judy said...

I'm willing to help stay with Carrington. What do I do to get started?

The Spicer Family said...

I just put this out on fb and already had a trusted friend volunteer (I'm in dfw). I will also be going out to sit with Miss C on Thursday morning if you need me for anything!

CameoLeigh said...

I am glad to hear she is doing better and man do I wish I still lived in Texas. Who wouldn't want to snuggle with that precious face!! I have sent this blog to some of my friends that are still in Texas and I have posted it on my facebook page to make sure I got all of my friends. Thank you for setting up this page. When I saw the first picture of her, I was and have been haunted by that. I am glad that wasn't the last thing I have to remember her by. Praying for her and her family!!