Ok so I know I can't sing but I love that song "Love and Marriage, Love and Marriage. Go together like a horse and carriage." And that is what came to mind when I was thinking about a title for this post.
As many of you know we shared in our last post about the new journey our family is traveling on to adopt 3 children from Eastern Europe. Well, I am also very excited to say that another friend is also journeying down the same road to bring home a son with spina bifida. Together we have decided to fund raise as a team to really be there to lift each other up and support each other at the same time. Our first fundraiser together is so fitting for this time of year. We are so pleased to be able to help earn the money needed for our 4 children through Flower Power Fundraising. This is a great fundraiser that will keep on blessing you year after year. You can order flower bulbs that will be shipped directly to you with a 100% guarantee and then you get the fun of putting them in your flower beds and watching the blooms color your world. And what is even better is that the Lannings and us will receive 50% of the sales. This can add up quickly and will help our families reach our goal quite quickly.
I can already see my garden just gleaming with color like my grandmother's used to. I always said I would have a garden like Grandma's. She just had a natural green thumb and I tried to learn as much as I could from her. While I was always learning from her I never thought there would be anything I could teach her. Well I was wrong. Just 2 weeks before my grandma passed away her and I were chatting on the phone as we always did each week. She told me that she went next door to her neighbor's house and used the computer to read my blog. Now mind you I had told her about our blog for a couple years but my grandma not only did not own a computer she still did not know how to use her VCR :) She told me that she read my blog from beginning to end. Then the last words she ever spoke to me were "Now I understand Shelly." She was referring to why adoption was important to me and why I (Brian and I) chose to adopt. Grandma was so worried about me and what adopting children with special needs would bring to me. Then she read. And she understood. She learned. So in a way my garden is a tribute to my Grandma who always taught me and whose last lesson to me would be one of never give up.
With that story I will leave you with the link to our Flower Power fundraiser. Please order and please share on any avenue you can. Thank you from the Burmans and Lannings.
http://www.flowerpowerfundraising.com/campaign?campaign_id=15812
As many of you know we shared in our last post about the new journey our family is traveling on to adopt 3 children from Eastern Europe. Well, I am also very excited to say that another friend is also journeying down the same road to bring home a son with spina bifida. Together we have decided to fund raise as a team to really be there to lift each other up and support each other at the same time. Our first fundraiser together is so fitting for this time of year. We are so pleased to be able to help earn the money needed for our 4 children through Flower Power Fundraising. This is a great fundraiser that will keep on blessing you year after year. You can order flower bulbs that will be shipped directly to you with a 100% guarantee and then you get the fun of putting them in your flower beds and watching the blooms color your world. And what is even better is that the Lannings and us will receive 50% of the sales. This can add up quickly and will help our families reach our goal quite quickly.
I can already see my garden just gleaming with color like my grandmother's used to. I always said I would have a garden like Grandma's. She just had a natural green thumb and I tried to learn as much as I could from her. While I was always learning from her I never thought there would be anything I could teach her. Well I was wrong. Just 2 weeks before my grandma passed away her and I were chatting on the phone as we always did each week. She told me that she went next door to her neighbor's house and used the computer to read my blog. Now mind you I had told her about our blog for a couple years but my grandma not only did not own a computer she still did not know how to use her VCR :) She told me that she read my blog from beginning to end. Then the last words she ever spoke to me were "Now I understand Shelly." She was referring to why adoption was important to me and why I (Brian and I) chose to adopt. Grandma was so worried about me and what adopting children with special needs would bring to me. Then she read. And she understood. She learned. So in a way my garden is a tribute to my Grandma who always taught me and whose last lesson to me would be one of never give up.
With that story I will leave you with the link to our Flower Power fundraiser. Please order and please share on any avenue you can. Thank you from the Burmans and Lannings.
http://www.flowerpowerfundraising.com/campaign?campaign_id=15812


No comments:
Post a Comment