Sunday, April 14, 2013

One of Those TEENAGERS!


   So many times I hear adults say "TEENAGERS!!!" (mostly with exasperation) and that breaks my heart because I think it is belittling a generation of people. Yes, there are many young people out there who may need a lesson in manners or need to learn the world is not about them but the fact remains there are plenty of young people who have amazing hearts and impeccable knowledge.             
                                                                                                                           
   I may be bias but my daughter is one of those young people who care about others and has wonderful manners.  And I am proud to say she also has friends who have the same hearts and minds.  Sasha Carpenter is one of those such friends and young people.  Not to mention she is the daughter of my amazing friend Stephanie.  Sasha was adopted from Russia when she was just a young girl by Stephanie and Brian.  Now Sasha is reaching the age of 16; an age when most orphans must leave the orphanage and live a life on the streets. Sasha has created a blog dedicated to orphans who are about to age out.  Please go over and read her blog and then leave her an encouraging word for being one of those "TEENAGERS" many say with love and respect and admiration.
 

No comments: