Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Make You Smile Moment

My day ended with such a joyful sound. I heard laughter and was wondering what it was in response to so I followed the sound. In the living room I see Ethan running back and forth with his football and Carrington following him with bursts of the most contagious giggle. This was going on for several minutes when it dawned on me to video this. I can remember this time 2 years ago when Brian and I were visiting a very sad and hurting little girl who did nothing but cry and want to be put down, not touched or held. Those days were so hard for us because we knew she did not feel comfortable being out of her crib yet if we took her back then what else would be done to her?! The amazing part of her laughter tonight is that just today she went to the doctor office because her left ear drum burst and it also turns out she has a severe infection in her right ear. My poor baby! But there was something good in today. Her weight. Just 2 years ago she weighed under 11 pounds and wore 3 month clothing. Today she weighed in at 29 pounds and 6 oz and was sporting a beautiful red and black size 3T outfit. What a big girl!! And most of all what a joy and honor it has been to be her mommy for the past 2 years.  God knows His plan.  While man may think we can control things, that is not the case.  God chose Carrington to be our daughter and to bless our family and she has done so just  like all of her other brothers and sisters have.



Just in case you are wondering what she is saying and where she learned to say it I will tell you: 

Carrington is telling Ethan the play he is going to run AND She learned all she knows about football from watching those highly overpaid athletes on t.v. with her daddy and big brother Ethan.

1 comment:

Jill said...

What a big girl laugh! Love it!!!