YOU CAN'T SAVE THEM ALL! How many times have you heard that statement? Sometimes from well intentioned people and other times from those who just do not understand. Our family has heard it enough times that if we had $1 for each time well then our adoptions would have been fully funded. I personally think what people are saying is that I cannot adopt/bring home every orphan with special needs. At least that is what I am hoping they are thinking because I want to believe the good about their heart. But... I say they are wrong! I can save them all. I can save them all because I do all I do with Jesus leading me. I say that each of us who answers God's call to save the orphans can save them all. Saving does not always mean ADOPTING. It can mean a whole plethora of things such as:
- advocating for the children on your FB, blogs, etc.
- helping another adoptive family in their journey to bring home their child
- raising money to help those organizations who truly work in the best interests of the child
- attend an adoptive family's fundraiser or visit their blog to take part in a fundraiser
- collect and cash in soda cans and donate the proceeds to that family
- in some instances it means sponsoring a baba so that a child in an orphanage can know the love of a 'grandma'
- hosting a fundraiser of sorts or even a garage sale
- make items to sell and then donate the proceeds
Before I start sharing about others I want to share with you one way our daughter is doing her part to help save the orphans. Madelaine is just shy of turning 15 yet she has been working for a long time to help these precious children. No, she cannot adopt so she is a perfect example of someone who truly cannot adopt but does not sit back and pass the responsibility onto someone else. Instead she has put her home economic skills she learned from her great-grandma to work in creating a solution to her siblings' issues of leaky gbuttons. Madelaine spends a great part of her week sewing home made gbutton covers. These covers are made from 2 layers of flannel with a layer of bath towel in between and come with a snap to keep the covers on. My favorite part of these is that they are washable so we can use them again and again. Also, we no longer have holes in the children's shirts from where the stomach acid ate away at the fabric. Madelaine gives all the proceeds back to orphans in many different ways. Each cover is $2.50 plus shipping. She is working on many fun designs but we wanted to be able to share with you just a few on the ones she has made thus far and the designs that are asked for most often. If you would like to order a cover or two please feel free to email me with the subject of Madelaine and she will get right back to you. This time around Madelaine has set her goal to bring relief to orphans.
When you do order please specify quantity and design based on the names below and she will get them shipped off to you.




2 comments:
I hope to be able to meet her (and all of you!!) someday! We would get along well. :)
Friend... you're pictures are fixed. ;)
What a great idea!! Praying that she is very successful for all the kiddos that she can help! :)
Rochelle
Elk Grove, CA
Post a Comment