Today is September 30th. To me this is a special day. For some it is just the last day of September. But to my very private mommy heart it is a special day. Special can mean so many different things to so many different people and not any one of those reasons is better than any other. I love today and I was trying to tell my little ones today is special and here are just a few of the responses (from my only verbal children):
Ethan: Are we going camping today Mom?
Me: No, Ethan
Ethan: Are we going to eat ice cream?
Me: No, Ethan.
Ethan: Well then today isn't special mom. You need to eat ice cream if it is special.
Reagan: Is it my birthday Mom?
Me: No, Reagan you have 2 more weeks until your birthday.
Reagan: Is it your birthday Mom?
Me: No Reagan I have 6 months and 1 week until my birthday.
Reagan: Ok Mom.
Madelaine: I know Mom.
Me: You do?
Madelaine: Yes, 15 years ago you went into labor with me. You tell me the story every year mom!
Me: I know.
Today is just special that is all. I am hoping that for the many children who have no mom or dad or siblings they will find today is a special day for them. I am hoping that one day their mommy will tell them 'today is a special day' and for many years to come their mommy and daddy will tell them the story of why today is special. Look at the precious faces over on the side of Carrington's blog. Can you help make today special for one of them? Remember, you can make a day special and not have to even tell a soul but just knowing that you did something to make this a day that will always be remembered and have a story to tell is so rewarding!
Special can be what you want it to be. It does not have to be grand or celebrated all over the world. It can be celebrated within your own family or your own heart. Special is just special. It can be right here or far away. It can be current or it can be from the past. It can someone who makes it special or it can be some thing. No matter, just make today SPECIAL!
| Hey Evelyn do you think today is special? I don't know Carrington but just smile at Mom so she thinks we think it is special too. |
| Why is today special Mommy? |
| Wait Mom I thought you said today was special? |
| I am thinking there must be another reason today should be special because this is not what I call special! |


No comments:
Post a Comment