My 5 year old son has a new love in his life and she is taller than his mommy, faster than his mommy, and more exciting than his mommy. When did this happen? When did I get replaced? I mean, aren't I the one he is supposed to say "hi mom" to on national t.v. as he scores the winning run on a highly overpaid baseball team? Yes. It is true. My days of being the coolest lady in Ethan's life are over. I have now been replaced by LUCY. She now gets all of his attention. He can't wait for his date with her every Monday evening. I hear how he like to take special care of her and go places with her. Part of me is so happy that he has found that someone special who can captivate his attention and make him feel special, but......I don't think Lucy is the one who buys him ultra cool "aaannderwear" like I do. Sigh!!!!!! Well I suppose I should show you all Ethan's new love.
Please meet Lucy
.JPG)
Ethan began taking horseback riding lessons just 3 weeks ago from a fellow home school mom. I thought this might be a great way for Ethan to learn some responsibility as well as keep him active in between baseball seasons. Daddy and Ethan head out every Monday night to take an hour long lesson from Miss Theresa. We were not sure Ethan was even old enough to be able to follow all of the commands and handle an animal as big as a horse. Not only are we surprised but so is his teacher. She says he is doing things she has not seen some older kids do. Today they left the comfort area of the arena and ventured out for a small trail ride down a hill, through a small creek, and back. Brian said Ethan did fantastic! In addition to riding Lucy, Ethan is learning how to care for her as well. With all of the attention from therapists and specialists that the little ones receive it is a little bit of time that Ethan gets to feel special and learn something at the same time but don't tell him it's a learning thing:)

.JPG) |
| Brian said it was a good 100 feet down the hill to the creek bed. |
.JPG) |
| This was a good time for Ethan to practice handling the horse over uneven terrain. |
.JPG) |
| Miss Theresa is absolutely fantastic with Ethan! |
.JPG) |
| Ethan is learning how to clean out the horse's shoes. |
.JPG) |
This is a skill Ethan is learning where he has to put a ring on the cone and then once they are all on he goes back takes one off and then goes to put it on the other cone at the other end of the arena.
My little boy is growing up!! Mommy loves you Ethan "Cheeks" Cole Burman!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment