Monday, April 9, 2012

Formula Drive-Can You Help?

God always intended for us to be there for one another but He also desires that we seek Him with all of our heart! Ever since our journey into the world of international special needs adoption I have asked God to lead me and show me.  With the exposure of conditions in our boys' orphanage in Pleven more opportunities arise for us to come together and work for the glory of God.  What we are doing does not make us richer, give us a bigger home, promote to a higher position in society.  GOOD!!  That's not what we want.  We simply want to help God's children.  When I say "we" I am referring to all of you!

On our first trip over to Pleven Madelaine and I packed suitcases full of formula for the children.  Jenny also had her bags packed.  The time came for us to meet Dr. Lilova, the amazing doctor from the Tokuda Hospital in Sofia, and give her the formula.  She thanked us for this nutrition is very expensive over there, and she asked us to leave it there at the orphanage and she would tell the caregivers how to administer it.  YEA!!!

 Well, the conditions in Pleven still dictate that we need to help with continued donations of nutrition. It was asked if one of us moms could coordinate the formula transporting with families who are going to Bulgaria. We are hoping through traveling families we will be able to help tremendously with the need for proper nutrition for the children.  I am working hard to compile a list of traveling families so that we can get this nutrition to them.  We have no shortage of willing families who can pack an extra suitcase to take formula over, BUT...... we do need donations of formula!! The kind that had previously been taken over was a specialized, broken down, formula but that is NOT the only type we can take. We are open to taking any and all formula that can be donated.

Here's how you can help.  If you have any formula you would be willing to donate please send me an email with your information and what kind of formula, how much formula you have.  I will contact you with how we will send it.  Please post this on your FB as we never know just where the next family going over to Pleven lives and it may be right next to you or someone you know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled across the Oley Foundation - would you be able to get supplies from them? Are you able to take expired formula? We tend to get an overflow of pediasure here, but it is the oral type.

Dannette

dannetteteaches@yahoo.com

Elissa said...

Has anyone thought about writing Abbott Global who produces Similac? They have a pretty clear cut donations program. Although, it appears it could be a process for approval, they do have a clear cut path for making donations. I couldn't find where any other formula company mentioned it, but it is worth a try right? I think what is happening in Plevin is miraculous, and I cannot believe how it all was set in motion. I am sure there is even more I have no idea about. Just wow! What a beautiful God we have!!!

sue said...

I cant seem to find your email address?

Eleven and Heaven said...

Sorry about that Sue. My email is burmanshelly@yahoo.com

AmberByler said...

We are willing to buy Parents choice formula any kind you need my email is byler_1222@yahoo.com We are amazed at what GOD is doing in the Plevin orphange. My husband has a 15 year old sister with down syndrome and whe will be 16 in July just like Sophia. We can't imagine life without Sandi she is a blessing and we want to do our part. We are praying for everyone involved and praying for the princes and princesses of Plevin to have health and protection till their mommy and daddys come for them.