You never quite know what to expect with the weather here in Texas. This summer we endured months of 100*+ temperatures and virtually no rain. I lost only one tree due to the drought thanks to my wonderful son doing his part to help hydrate the vegetation (in other words my son found it fun to use nature for his toileting needs). I do give him credit though as it saved my trees and saved on toilet paper:) Hey, this mom has to laugh when it comes to raising Ethan. Anyways, I digressed here. So, this one day it was a bit chilly out but I desperately needed to work on trimming back my flower bed and so this was the time. Princess did not want to go to sleep so she came outside with Mommy while Daddy and Ethan played catch with the baseball. I sat her down in a pile of leaves and just let her have fun. Now if you were to rewind to when Madelaine was a baby (insert first time mom at this point) I would have carefully laid down a blanket, made sure there were no bugs or anything that might touch her that was not sanitary, and never would have ever let Madelaine put anything near her mouth. Ok fast forward to present, add in being Ethan's mom for 5 years now in addition to having added 5 children with special needs and very little time and you have this:
Carrington doing an inspection of this item known as a leaf. In our house we say she is advanced and I like to think she is studying the decomposition of leaves in our yard thus giving our yard optimum natural organic nutrients.
Once again I see advancement here with her finger isolation as she takes note of not only the lack of chlorophyll within the leaf but also the shape.
For one moment our little genious was interrupted to call out a few commands to her Daddy and big brother as they worked on Ethan catching the ball with his glove rather than his face.
Now here you will note Carrington is attempting to investigate if whether or not she adds a bit of saliva if the leaves will once again hydrate themselves and resume the natural process of hydration.
Her intensity to study a bit of nature leads me to believe she will pay attention to her environment.
And now for her conclusion:
This will conclude Carrington's assessment on the importance of the proper decomposition of organic matter.


11 comments:
Super cute! There is a family in Dallas that is praying over adopting a sweet girl with ds from RR. I gave them your name as a local that they could connect with if God leads them on that path.
She is SO STINKIN' CUTE! LOVE HER!!!
I have been a faithful follower but I don't remember hearing that the Princess could sit up by herself. Is this a new trick? She is so cute and looks like such a different child than you brought home, thank goodness! Merry Christmas to your beautiful family.
I agree with her findings. What a joy to watch her grow and enjoy the life that is around her.
Katrina
Carlene's soon to be momma :)
www.operationorphannomore.blogspot.com
Love the video and the pictures!! Such a sweetie!!
It's amazing just how far she's come! What a beautiful sweetie-pie :)
I was actually watching some videos in ed psyc about young child development. They actually do conduct simple "experiments" to learn about their environemt. That's how they learn about properties of objects in motion etc. Kids are little scientists.
That is just adorable!!!
Rochelle
Elk Grove, CA
Love it!
She sure looks like she was having fun with those leaves! Great pictures and the video was a bonus prize. I can't get over how well she is doing. The crazy amount her and the triplets have grown the past few months is amazing!
You and Carrington are BOTH hilarious! What a great post! Her joy gives me such joy, all the way up north in Ohio!
Post a Comment