Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Guess Who's Going to Have a BIrthday?

Guess who will be having their very first birthday ever in just one week? Yes, the Princess will be celebrating her very first birthday on September 8th. Now this is not her first birthday, in fact she actually turns 4 years old, but it is her first birthday she gets to celebrate. I was thinking about that the other day; about how I really did not miss out on her firsts. Here are just a few of the first I thought about:
  1. You see, all of Carrington's teeth were removed when she was in the hospital so now I will get to see her first tooth come in.
  2. This birthday will be the first one she ever celebrated.
  3. We watched her sit up the other day.
  4. She rolled over for the first time when she was in the hospital
  5. She will have her picture taken with Santa year
  6. She is celebrating all of our holidays for the first time
  7. Daddy gave her her first taste of ice cream
  8. She wore her first pair of shoes
  9. She will say Momma (yes momma before dada)
  10. All places she goes to are firsts
  11. I am her first mommy
  12. She drank from a bottle for me
  13. She picked up a toy on purpose and played with it
  14. She has her very first pet (ok so we have 3 but who's counting)
  15. And I will get to hear her first words. Even though she does not speak with words right now I know she knows I am her mommy! That is priceless!
You know those advertisements that talk about the price of certain things and then lists something as priceless? Well here is my version:
Price of an international adoption of a princess: $24,000
Price of a 5 week hospital stay: $134, 523.65
Price of a special car seat to give Princess security: $165
Price of 1 can of Elecare formula which last 1 1/2 days: $52
Price of our Princess Carrington living, laughing, and loving: PRICELESS!

7 comments:

dj said...

Amen!!!
Happy (early) Birthday, Princess!!!

Leah said...

so true! Such a priceless gift she is!

Kimberly said...

It's so GREAT hearing about Carrington's continued progress. She sat up?! Wonderful!

I love your whole list, but #11 made my heart smile. And you're right. Your princess is absolutely priceless.

Happy early birthday, sweet girl!

rachellee said...

That is priceless! I love it. Love all those firsts that you are celebrating with Carrington! What a sweetie!

SleepyMom said...

Beautiful post. She is indeed priceless.

claire said...

here is more info regarding kiddos with special needs in the myride.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=98970
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=160436

please remember to read the manual as it states specifically to take the padding out after moving the harness up past the second slot. They do this for safety testing reasons. Using it past what the manual states can result in more severe injuries should you get into a car accident.

Bulldogma said...

Yes - truly, honestly, wonderfully priceless!