Hi Everyone it is me, Princess Carrington. I just have to tell you all about my first real vacation. Mommy and I flew out to Pennsylvania to visit our friends the Basile (pronounced like the herb basil) family. It was so dark outside when Mommy woke me up from a great dream I was having about decorating my castle. She kept saying something about the roosters not even being up early. I didn't know we had roosters. Hmmmm oh well back to my vacation. Yes, so we got up early so my Daddy could take us to the airport before he had to go to work. Once we found our seat on that very tiny airplane I sort of got a bit upset so I thought I had better share my distress with the rest of the passengers just in case they needed to know I was not happy. After over an hour I realized we were not going back to that place that I came from so I decided life was not so bad and I would just practice my raspberry blowing skills so I could show Zoya. I think the guy who was sitting next to us was real impressed with my ability to be able to shower him with the juices from my raspberry blowing. Mom would not share her diet Coke with me and for some reason she kept drinking a whole bunch of them. She must have been really thirsty! Once that guy in the white shirt landed the plane and the stewardesses stopped fussing over how cute I am we walked out to the greatest little welcome party with Miss Sarah, Mr. Shawn, and Zoya waiting for us. Mr. Shawn kept taking pictures of this very special meeting.
Mommy and Miss Sarah became friends a couple years ago when they were adopting my siblings and Zoya. Zoya gave me so many kisses it was great! She and I are going to be such great friends. Wonder if she knows I am older than her?! Well it was time to get in the car and head to Zoya's home. I was so excited that I was also going to get to meet Mya, Zoya's doggy.
Did I mention that Mommy and I left behind temperatures that have been over 100* for sooo sooo long? We landed in a bit of paradise with the weather in Pennsylvania. I like to sing and make my voice be heard and Zoya was sort of not used to that but her Mommy kept telling her that is what babies do. Zoya is getting ready to be a big sister to little Laina.
Every time I looked Mommy was smiling and laughing. She sure needed this time with her friend. Miss Sarah had a swing all set up for me so I assumed my favorite position of just kicking back with my leg waving in the air. Ahhh this is the life. Now I just need Mommy and Daddy to win that vacation that is a fundraiser for little Laina to Florida. I can just see me sitting on the beach with a good feed of milk and my swing just a swingin'. Ok wait where was I? Oh yes my Pennsylvania trip. Well, one day Mr. Shawn was working so us girls headed over to the mall and had so much fun there. Sometimes Zoya would push me in the stroller so that was fun. Of course we had to find cute matching outfits for Laina and I:) I hope you are not reading about us going to the mall Daddy:)
Every time I looked Mommy was smiling and laughing. She sure needed this time with her friend. Miss Sarah had a swing all set up for me so I assumed my favorite position of just kicking back with my leg waving in the air. Ahhh this is the life. Now I just need Mommy and Daddy to win that vacation that is a fundraiser for little Laina to Florida. I can just see me sitting on the beach with a good feed of milk and my swing just a swingin'. Ok wait where was I? Oh yes my Pennsylvania trip. Well, one day Mr. Shawn was working so us girls headed over to the mall and had so much fun there. Sometimes Zoya would push me in the stroller so that was fun. Of course we had to find cute matching outfits for Laina and I:) I hope you are not reading about us going to the mall Daddy:)
On Friday, Mommy and Miss Sarah took me out to Lake Erie where Miss Sarah volunteers for a sailing program for people with special needs. It was sort of a stormy day but we went anyways because it had not stormed yet. This was so exciting for me because I have never been on a boat before. Ok so like the life vest thing...yeah well it was not the high light of my day! I got to meet Miss Sarah's friend Seth that she used to teach and his big sister Abby and their mommy. Abby reminds me of my big sister Madelaine and Seth reminds me of Ethan:) They sure were nice people to me! Hey Seth, thanks for all of the big kisses you gave me! All of a sudden it started raining once we got off of the boat so we had to run real quick to the car. I thought it was funny to have the rain coming down on my face while the wind blew my hair. This was such a fun day!!
All too soon our visit came to an end and Mommy and I flew back home to Daddy and my brothers and sisters. The trip back was not so much fun and my tummy hurt so I had to cry the whole trip home:( Once we got home though I was quite happy to find my swing and fall asleep. Thank you Miss Sarah, Mr. Shawn, and Zoya for making my first ever vacation so much fun! You all are the best!
Mommy carried me out in my super duper comfy carrier (thank you Miss Rachel) so I could meet my bestest friend Zoya and so our mommies could finally meet each other.
Here are the girls all ready to visit, visit, and visit some more. The mommies talked and us girls played.
Of course our Mommies just couldn't wait to talk in person so they did that and I played with Mr. Shawn while Zoya took a nap.
Mr. Shawn kept making me laugh so hard. He is a funny guy!
Gosh this is such a fun family.
Gosh this is such a fun family.
Miss Vicki would be so proud of me keeping up with my PT skills. I had to because Zoya had some really cool toys to see.
Zoya kept giving me kisses so I wanted to give her one too:)
Miss Sarah kept making me giggle.
I think Miss Sarah will be sore after lifting me up to airplane rides. It sure makes me laugh so hard.
Ok, Miss Sarah you are just the best!! I love you Miss Sarah!
Mom just had to go and put this life vest on me. Does it look like I am happy?
Mommy and Miss Sarah with the wind blowing through their hair at Lake Erie.
The weather turned bad and look how the waves were everywhere.
Look how cool! My friend Zoya has a boat named after her and her mommy gets to sail in it with Seth.
Get this thing off of me. I just want to sail not be harnessed down:) I need to talk to those safety people.
This is where the boats leave the marina area and head out to Lake Erie.
I think I could handle this sailing stuff.
Abby is letting her little brother, Seth, give me more kisses. He sure is a funny boy because he kept saying "just kidding" like my big brother Ethan does.
Seth was so nice to me.
.
Seth wanted to give me another kiss so I let him and then I gave him a big kiss for being so nice to me.


9 comments:
Looks like you had an awesome time little lady!
Brooke
www.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com
any chance you were near Erie, PA?? i am from that area!! :)
What a fun trip! Carrington is so big, and oh how beautiful! I hope I will still get the opportunity to meet you all this weekend at conference!
I'm so excited about this post! Loving all the pictures! That one of Carrington and Zoya kissing has to be one of the cutest pictures I've ever seen. What darling kids!
Sounds like you all had a great trip! Continuing to pray for you!
ADORABLE!!! miss you girls already!!
"Our Family"...yep...Erie, PA...small world :)
Thank you so much for sharing your trip. Zoya and Carrington are super cute! Such a blessing to watch them blossom.
Just warms my heart to see how well she is doing. What a blessing to meet up with friends!
Hey sweet Princess Carrington, I'm sooo glad you had such a great first vacation--and got to spend it with your best friend, Zoya! You two princesses sure have awesome families and it is a joy and an honor to be able to witness the transformation and growth from afar! Sounds like you and your mommy had an awesome time!
Post a Comment