Sunday, July 3, 2011

Hooray for Project T.L.C.

I am so excited! Did you all see the thermometer for Project T.L.C.'s first undertaking has risen? We are at $817 of our $2,000 goal. Remember, our first chosen project is to raise funds for some very important hygiene items for the very institution that Reagan was adopted from in Belogorsk. I know first hand just how very touched that director will be once she is presented with these items. To you and I the things like feminine supplies, bars of soap, and laundry soap are as basic to our lives as getting up and getting dressed in the morning. But to the many young girls there these are like little Laura Ingalls getting a lemon drop from Mr. Olsen's store: it only happened out of the kindness of Mr. Olsen and it was only every so often. When we were first in the process of adopting Reagan and even when we arrived in Ukraine we were told that this director was not pleasant or friendly and did not want any Americans there. Brian and I found that to be quite the opposite. Sure, she was apprehensive because she had never partaken in an adoption before. In our time there we sort of formed a bond with her despite our language differences. She had serious tears in her eyes when we came to get Reagan and she even walked us out the door to the car. I have never heard of any other director doing this. I believe she really does care for her "children" but there simply isn't enough money to buy items like feminine pads and bars of soap when there are mouths to feed. To this day we still keep in contact with the director via email so she knows how her first "child" is doing here in America with her new family. I am asking if you would please consider helping us finish reaching this goal of $2,000 so this director and her children may be blessed in the simplest of ways. And just so you all can see for yourself how little Miss Reagan is doing here is a picture I have yet to release until this very moment:

Sorry the pic is so blurry and grainy but I had no warning or idea this was about to happen. Reagan called out to me "hey mom look at this" and there she got up on her hands and knees. You have to understand that this was the little girl we were told was paralyzed and has no feeling from her knees to her feet in addition to her spina bifida. Reagan is just one small fraction of the children/young adults/ and adults living in this institution in Belogorsk. What seems like a weird way to gift an institution is one very important and often overlooked part of their very lives.

Would you please post this on your FB and any other form of communication you have? This will truly be an endeavor that will leave the director knowing just how Jesus loves all His children.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Reading from my phone tonight but will make my donation tomorrow, our Independence Day, for Project TLC! Thanks for all you do to remember the children still without families. May God bless your family and Project TLC.

Unknown said...

hello you lovely people! I have just posted this on facebook and will endevour to do a blog post to promote TLC which i think is totally awesome by the way! xxxx

Anonymous said...

so so awesome!!!
great job!!
Hugs,
Nancy

The Annessa Family said...

THAT is amazing! God is so so good! I have a feeling she is FULL of surprises!

Brooke Annessa
www.theannessafamily.blogspot.com

Kate said...

You have my 20 dollars. Good luck and god bless. :)

Kimberly said...

Great news, and I LOVED the Laura Ingalls reference! That picture of Reagan is adorable.

I'll be spreading the word via Facebook and I'll be sure to mention Project TLC in my next post.

Lori (Maine) said...

What a precious photo of sweet Reagan! She looks so pleased with her accomplishments---and RIGHTFULLY SO! I've shared on Facebook and I still plan on donating as well.