Friday, July 1, 2011

Freedom For Victoria and All Orphans

This is the weekend we celebrate our nation's independence from a country far across the ocean. A chance for people to become all they can and start a life full of endless possibilities. Well, for little ones like sweet Victoria and our own adopted crew this is the start of their new life, their freedom has been achieved but sometimes at a great cost. Carrington and Victoria and our little friend Theo,and so very many others, have come home-really come home. Yes, they lived their first however many years in a foreign country but that was not their true home. That was a place where love was lacking and they were being held prisoner simply because they did not fit the image of what someone deemed perfect. Now they have a chance, a chance to become who God intended them to be. Not who you and I intend them to be. God has a greater and much mightier plan then we could ever dream up. He has blessed us with the chance to be an integral part of His plan of freedom while here on Earth. Our greatest freedom awaits us all on the other side of those pearly gates.

I am thinking of little ones like Carrington, Theo, and Victoria who have only wet their tiniest of toe into the sea of possibilities that await them. These little ones came here with bodies so broken and hurt that many people too had their hearts shaken. How could this happen to a child? Why does this happen to a child? Honestly I have no answer. I need to talk to God about that one because it is something I cannot wrap my head around. This past week I had major surgery that has put me out of commission for a period of time and involves pain I have never felt before. One night I cried on my husband's shoulder not because I was hurting so bad (thank you for narcotics) but because I thought of how Carrington was in pain for so long, hungry for so long, and lonely for so long! That is one of the reasons PROJECT T.L.C. (http://www.hiskidstoo.org/about-us/our-mission/project-tlc) was started by a few of us moms: we do not want other children to suffer, to never know the power of unconditional love, and to not have a chance at true freedom.

My little Princess Carrington is soaking up her freedom. She has her whole family wrapped around her finger, people waiting to hold her and love her to pieces, and a whole world waiting and watching for her to blossom into the sweet little girl she was intended to by God. Lately Carrington has been sitting on her own in prop position for up to 2 minutes all by herself. She has been places, worn the most beautiful of clothes, eaten the best of breast milk, and seen the true love of so many hearts. Victoria has just been in America, her land of freedom, one short week. Her family is journeying down the same road we did with Carrington and sadly, one that too many other families have journeyed down. Victoria is not gaining weight like she should and thanks to the momma bear in Catherine she will be getting a few more days in the hospital to have tests run in the hopes of ruling out any other underlying issues. The response of love has been amazing!! Catherine is being blessed with an Ergo carrier so she can really work on the bonding her girls so desperately need. Their other children are being treated to some pretty special play dates with old friends and making wonderful memories with new friends. Right now there is another volunteer just loving on Victoria and telling her just how special she is and of all the wonderful chances she will have with her new family. Catherine continues to be overwhelmed with all of the kindness shown to her and her family. Now maybe Victoria will not be attending any fire work shows this year but as she lays in her bed she is celebrating a freedom she has never known and that is just to be her. She can cry when she is not happy or when she is hurting and someone is there to comfort her, she can receive nutrition when her body needs it, and most importantly she gets enough loving to overshadow those years she went without. Thank you to all who fought to give me my freedom. And most of all, thank you to God who gave me my greatest freedom when He gave us His only Son. I look at my family and I know that we are blessed! We fought hard for our children just as so many fought many many years ago for their children. And we will never stop fighting for those 99 Left Behind.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Shelly. Mel

Hansina said...

Beautiful post! Thank you for sharing and thank you for helping Victoria.

Rochelle said...

Thank you for this wonderful post! Will continue to pray for Victoria's recovery, and of course, Carrington and Theo!

Rochelle
Elk Grove, CA

first aid products said...

Well, I read your blog. My heart sank and all I can hear is very bad idea. Praying they will find a doctor who will be more diligent and cautious in treating her.