I had a chance to speak with Catherine this evening and she sure sounded exhausted. She was overjoyed at the meals, snacks, items, and volunteers that have come forward to help her and her family. Little Victoria is sitting with Tiffany tonight getting lots of lovins as Mommy went home to try and get some rest.
As of yesterday the doctors still were not addressing Catherine's concerns about refeeding so we was most adamant about certain things getting done. Her and I shared a lot of information, not that I am a doctor but having just gone through this with a most wonderful medical staff, and we talked about how our little ones coming home from these places are not like their peers here in the U.S.A. and need special consideration. Today the doctors agreed to put in a NG tube this evening to help Victoria with the weight loss she is experiencing. The speech gal is more focused on getting Victoria to drink with a cup, try different textured foods, etc. so Catherine will see if she can get someone else to help her. Victoria's MRI showed that her brain had shrunk do to malnutrition. Carrington also had the same results. This is something that can totally be prevented and should be the very reason we all storm Heaven with our prayers for these people to change their ways of treating special needs children. Also, Victoria is sporting some new hand braces in attempt to help her hands stretch out a bit, The antiobiotics for her double ear infection were started yesterday so Catherine hopes to see some improvement real soon.
Right now Catherine has asked me to thank each and everyone of you who have offered your prayers, meals, child care, donations and just love to sweet little Victoria and the rest of the family. She still says she cannot believe that they are receiving such kindness. Does anyone in the area have a carrier maybe called an ERGO? that she would be able to carry Francesca in? She is sensing that Francsca is struggling to bond so she is hoping this may help. It does need to have padding in it. She would be happy to borrow it if that would be okay.
Tomorrow Catherine is going to try and send some pictures so you all can see what a sweet angel you all are helping and praying for.


11 comments:
Ergo's are wonderful! I wish I lived closer so she could borrow mine! xx
thanks for the update... is there a way to get Carrington's doctors to call Victoria's doctors?
So sorry to hear about the brain shrinkage, is the damage reversible?
big hugs to your families...
Thank you for the update!!!
I have emailed twice about helping, but not heard back. I totally understand you are extremely busy with your own family as well as organizing this...and probably are getting a lot of emails. That is absolutely fine...I just want to be sure you've gotten them? I'd hate for you to be struggling for volunteers if my emails are somehow not getting through.
My email is ravenzwife at gmail dot com
I just LOVE the Cook Children's staff! They ROCK!
I'm just frustrated reading this about Atlanta. UGH! Speech/feeding therapist? cups & textures? REALLY?! Will be praying for Victoria's medical team to have wisdom and discernment in making proper and deliberate decisions regarding her medical care. I'm wondering if there is an international adoption medicine medical team in the area (or somewhere) that might be able to consult in this case and insert some guidance.
Thank you so much for the update!!! I have an ergo carrier I would be happy to send to her. I am concerned about the "padding" she is needing as my ergo doesn't have any extra padding to insert. Please let me know!! And we will continue to STORM HEAVEN for this precious sweet PRINCESS!!!
Thanks for the update on Victoria, continuing to pray.
Keeping Victoria in my prayers...and Catherine, as well!
Rochelle
Elk Grove, CA
Glad to hear there is some improvements. And thanks for keeping us posted. Prayers!
were you able to find a carrier? if not please email me, I will see what I can do....jessica(dot)vaness(at)gmail(dot)com
Oh an Ergo would be so helpful for her! I pray someone close to her will be able to share!
Is there another hospital they can transfer to for better care? It seems to me that you can educate them all you want, but if they don't know how to treat Victoria's needs, they need to hire someone new for her.
Praying for her and their family!
Post a Comment