Saturday, June 25, 2011

Anyone For a Dip in My Pool?

IT was a hot summer day so we decided to put all the kids in their little wading pools to cool off and have some fun. This was Carrington's first dip in the pool. Daddy came up with the idea to use her Bumbo seat so she could sit up and play. It was cute because when we put her in it she looked like she was just bobbing along at the same time she was trying to figure out just what did Mommy and Daddy put her in. I love to see the looks on her face as she tries to figure things out. Our patio is covered so we were able to play out there for a long time and then we finished by having lunch outside as well. Ethan wanted Carrington in his pool with him. He has really taken to her and likes to live up the big brother role which just warms my heart. I think Carrington really had fun with her first pool experience. Did I mention that her pool experience came with her very own pool boy who stood by ready with her beach robe? That's right. Daddy sat right by her pool waiting for her to tell him she was done and she did just that:) I think Daddy is smitten over his littlest girl:) What did I like best about the day? Just being able to watch my children take part in a very simple summer pleasure that never would have occurred had we not answered God's calling. The calling isn't always promised to us to be easy but the reward we receive is far beyond any monetary value or comprehension of those who do not have faith in God. I do not care if my kids live with me forever because the key point is they get to LIVE. If they are 25 years old and still like to splash in the pool then we are always going to make sure they have a pool because that is what parents do. And who knows? I just may put on my suit and join them. After all, life is too short not to take a dip in a wading pool with Popsicles waiting afterwards for a treat.

Ummm excuse me. But what is this you have put me in?
She is just bobbing along while big brother shows her how a t-rex growls in a pool. Look at her belly in her bathing suit:)
This is my favorite of all pictures. Look at the faces of my 2 youngest children. This is what I call one of life's greatest rewards.
Carrington wasn't too sure of being laid down in the water but soon she calmed down and played a bit.

Ok so do you think she is having a thought or two she wants to share with us?!
Carrington sat on Daddy's (otherwise known as pool boy) lap all wrapped up nice and warm after having her first ever swim party.

17 comments:

Linnea said...

Wow she is really growing isnt she. Praise the Lord. She is so beautiful.

Be blessed
Ashlee
http://ourjourneytoadoption.beckfamily143.com/

Katrina said...

Thanks for sharing. I love watching her blossom in your family :)

CareBear said...

Chubby cheeks and all that hair! I just LOVE it!!! She's just blooming beautifully!

Elissa said...

She looks amazing! She hardly even looks like the same girl! What a fun way to beat the heat and enjoy family time.

figwittage said...

She looks SO good and happy!!! Big brothers are the best :)

Kimberly said...

Great pictures! What a fun day! You're right; that picture of your two smiling babies is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or does that look like a completely DIFFERENT little girl!!?? Wow!! YAY God!! You are so blessed Shelly!! Mel

To Love Endlessly said...

Looks like it was a wonderful day for swimming. That Carrington is so cute!!! Love her!

Rochelle said...

YAHOO for an awesome swim party! So much fun!

Rochelle said...

Her looks are really changing! Adorable!

Rochelle
Elk Grove, CA

Our family said...

Just adorable!!! Thank you for sharing with us. I can't get over how different Carrington is starting to look ... older and healthier ... its wonderful!!!!

Anonymous said...

She is looking so well especially as you look at the photos and the pic on the right. What a lucky girl! I am so happy that she will know the love of a family and the basic necessities of life, like food!

Lori (Maine) said...

Your words bring tears to my eyes--if only EVERY family could show that same love, selflessness and devotion that you showed when you spoke of not caring if your child(ren) needed to live with you forever and if they wanted/needed a pool, they'd have one even at that age! The Lord becomes even MORE real to me in your witness and it is so encouraging so thank you for that! I know you all probably have some tough days too but you handle it with such grace!
I absolutely LOVE that photo of Princess Carrington and her Prince of a big brother in the pool. The smile on their faces is something to delight in for sure. And it's hard to believe sweet princess Carrington is the same little girl you brought home. Love truly does heal! She is clearly thriving with her forever family and it brings me to tears to imagine what her life would be like had you NOT answered the Lord's call. Sadly, we've already seen a glimpse of that. May the Lord continue to bless you all!

Gretchen said...

Wow, she looks GREAT!!!

courtney said...

Shelley, I was one of the people that stayed a night in the hospital with Carrington--and I CAN'T BELIEVE how amazingly strong and healthy she looks! God is good! I love the pictures of her sitting so strongly in her Bumbo! Sweet, sweet girl!

Joy@WDDCH said...

Ahhh, this is the life!

Mamato10 said...

Look at those chubby lil legs! What a blessing she is. Love the pics too :) Thanks for sharing her with us!