Just 7 short weeks ago our little Carrington came home a very sick little girl. With enormous amounts of love, prayer, and care she has blossomed into a beautiful flower. She was like a flower that someone had neglected to water, feed, and tenderly care for. So much has changed in this little girl it is so hard to put into words. Each day we see so many changes in her that our hearts just continue to burst with the joy we feel. To most people we encounter they think we have a very cute little 6 month old but if only they knew just where she once was and the miraculous change she has undergone they too would be moved to tears of joy.
Carrington was a part of God's master plan since the very moment of her conception; however, she was not a part of her societies "master race" plan. One where only those with what seems to be perfect bodies and minds would exist. Brian and I thought we were done with our family when we brought the triplets home last year but once again that was "our master plan". Sometimes I find myself playing the "what-if?" mind game of what if we did not advocate for Reagan to begin with? What if we had not asked the social worker to approve us for 2 children? What if we had never talked with Stephanie to find out more information about the children in orphanage 9? And what if we had never listened to God? There would be no Carrington! No little flower blooming and blossoming within our family! No sweet smile that greets her daddy when he lets her lay down on his belly. There would be joy missing from my day. I am so amazed at the intense love I have for Carrington! Of course there is an intense love for this little girl because that is how God intended it to be. When I have a hard day and start to feel sorry for myself I just look at Carrington and realize how good I have life. There was a time when the brand name of something mattered or the "need" to have new things was ever present. Not the case now. Things really began to change within me when our Mason passed away and I realized that despite the best of efforts by the medical personnel and Brian and I, he was not going to come home to our family. Carrington was in much of a similar condition as Mason but she did come home and for that I am so so blessed. I am blessed that she was able to join her wonderful siblings at home where she is loved on and protected.
Taking time to enjoy all of Carrington's moments with her siblings is my new hobby. We get to enjoy the wind which once irritated me for messing my hair, we also get to smell the flowers which grow out of control in our garden. Now that is true living! This new hobby has given us a change in priorities and in daily happenings and that has turned out to be greater than any thing I could have imagined. No, I am not super mom for having 7 children I am just super blessed!




14 comments:
Wow! What a huge miraculous change! God has blessed you amazingly and all of us get to be blessed in watching what He has done through you! Thank you for sharing!
You truly are so blessed. Carrington's journey has certainly touched my heart, I could see how 1 " litte" orphan could have such an impacy on one's perspective. Thankfully she's an orphan nomore, amen!
I love these pictures :) I wish my husband would be willing to bring a "Carrington" home...that is all up to God. Bless you and your family for this beautiful, blooming flower!
What a beautiful little blessing you have! You can just see the joy on her face now. I thank God for bringing Carrington into my life even if it's just via the internet! Keep growing Carrington!
I've given up trying to get through a post without crying, it's not possible!
we are all, (my family) completely in love with Carrington. Thank you for letting us love her from afar and continue to see her blossom!:)
Adorable... I love the Carrington updates :)
Awesome to see her and hear about her doing so well. May God continue to bless your whole family.
SHe's lovely.Iam so happy to see her well an thriving.
She is just perfect! God bless you for saving her!
I love that look of astonished delight on Carrington's sweet face as the wind ruffles her hair! The flowers are not the only thing blossoming in your garden...
Thanks for sharing Carrington's story with us.
Best wishes,
Susan in Ky
Cousin to 2 from U.
She is such a beautiful little flower! God is great!
This is just so amazing!!! We have prayed all this time for this precious little girl, and here she is on your blog blessing us! Thank you so much for keeping all of us up to date. My eyes just well with tears of happiness and the awe of our great God who has rescued Carrington. Thank you for being His hands and feet and above all His HEART! At the same time Carrington was fighting her battle for life our sweet grandbaby was undergoing her heart surgery and I just knew that they would both be overcomers :).
I am in AWE of the wonderful progress Princess Carrington has already made! God surely has His hand upon her and upon you all. I do not know much about your story but wanted to say I am so sorry for your loss of Mason. And THANK YOU for sharing Carrington with us via this blog! It is AMAZING to see the photos of her now compared to the ones when you first brought her home. It's in her eyes, in her smile, in her body language and her songs---she now KNOWS she is loved and that she BELONGS to a family that she clearly adores! May God continue to shower you all with blessings, Lori
I love how much she loves to sing!!!
Post a Comment