Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It's Crazy Hair Time

Ok so what do you get when you give your littlest one a bath and then let her newest big sister do her hair?
THIS.
I had just finished giving Carrington her bath with her big brother Ethan when Reagan piped up that she would do Carrington's hair. Now I realize this picture may seem funny but it also a testimony to how much Carrington has changed because when she came to America her hair was maybe 3/4 inch long. Anyways, Reagan just adores Carrington and always wants to help take care of her so there she was fixing her little sister's hair and just beaming about it. Meanwhile if you try to read Carrington's mind she is probably saying "really people? I am so glad you all find this entertaining." Reagan is now so trained that she took the picture:) I do believe I see little pig tails in the near future:)

13 comments:

Kimberly said...

Sounds like Reagan is fitting in wonderfully! And I personally think Carrington is so adorable that she can pull this look off. This is what my hair looks like most mornings. Hehe.

nicole said...

awwwww carrington you rock that hairdo!!!!!

figwittage said...

LOVE this little girl! xxxooo

Anonymous said...

love the updates and the pictures! She will look darling in piggies! I can't wait to see them!
-E

Redeeming Hidden Treasures said...

Her hair is getting so long. :) I can just imagine Reagan's smile as she did her hair too. I'd like to see a picture of that too. :) So glad that they are doing well. I can imagine that there are tough times, but I know also that every rough minute has to be worth it. Hugs and prayers that she continues to do well and has pig tails soon.

Anonymous said...

LOL!! That is so adorable! Yay for Reagan :D

Brandi said...

oh my goodness! look at all that hair :) she is precious. i also think she is extra special cute in her little pink glasses. the first thing i noticed about those pics is she was looking at her wrist as usual but she didn't have her wrist right in her face. yay! i remember talk to Nurse Carol, wondering who well she could see. Glad she can see the world now!!

Love you Princess!
Brandi

Rochelle said...

Super cute, love to follow her changes! Amazing!

Judee A. said...

It always makes my day when there's a new post about Carrington! Thank you for sharing this blessing with so many you have never met!

Lori (Maine) said...

Reagan sounds like an awesome big sister! Carrington looks a bit skeptical with the 'do but every gal has a wild and crazy hair day now and then lol!
It's so awesome to witness all these changes in your sweet princess Carrington. It must feel sooo good to her and yet be so new--to know love, to know regular nurturing touch, to hear laughter, to go outside and feel the breeze and the warmth of the sun, to be bathed regularly , fed regularly, dressed in beautiful clean clothes. So much we take for granted--this little Princess is teaching me to appreciate even the "little things." Hugs and prayers, Lori

Anonymous said...

Awww...... so sweet!

God bless,

Jada

Ginger said...

Too funny! My big kids do the same thing to their baby sister. Give her a faux hawk every time.
The neat thing will be seeing her hair change. All of my adoptees had receding hairlines from malnourishment. It's been neat to see how their hair has grown forward more and more. We gave our oldest daughter dreadlocs soon after the adoption. This past year, we've had to add a whole new row of locs as her hair is still (4 yrs later) growing further down her forehead. Amazing!
Nutrition changes everything. To God be the glory!

heatherbrown said...

Adorable-photo and story!