Carrington was very busy with 3 doctor appointments. She started off with a visit to her G.I. doctor where we discussed her feeds and how she is doing with those. Right now Carrington's diapers are absolutely 100% liquid so the dr is going to put her on something that she believes may take care of a possible bacteria in her gut and then in about 10 days we will discuss upping her caloric intake for each feed. Do you want to guess just how much the princess weighs now? She came in at 15lbs 11oz. That is a gain of 1 whole pound since she came home from the hospital and 4 pounds since she arrived in America. Not an expert here but I am guessing food might be a good thing for a child:) Every doctor she saw today commented on just how much she has changed and even fattened up a bit. I told all of them she is like a whole other child than who we brought home. The surgeon looked at her gbutton and said it looked just great so we don't have to see him anymore. Tomorrow she and Reagan will go to the geneticist.
One of her visits was to get her eye glasses. Carrington's eyes are healthy but her vision was limited to only about 9 inches in front of her so we picked out some cute little glasses for her to wear. The little stinker kept them on while the dr and I were looking at her but then the second I put the blanket over her car seat (it was down pouring outside) she took them off! This will be a challenge to keep them on and to keep her sister Evelyn from eating them. At least they have a warranty:) The glasses are made of a rubber material that is totally bendable, kind of like flip flops and I was told about a mom who ran her child's glasses over and they were just fine. I am not planning on running them over but I do have a couple of kids who like to eat just about everything in my house. This mommy thinks she looks so smart in her little glasses:)




28 comments:
Adorable! I was three when I got glasses too. Mine weren't nearly as cool as hers though ;)
Oh my goodness, how can it be she is even cuter! Such great news. Keep up the great weight gain Carrington!
I know how busy you all are so I can't thank you enough for the updates! She looks like a doll in her new glasses!
Brooke Annessa
www.theannessafamily.blogspot.com
Oh my gosh she is so adorable! I was wondering what they were made of for children so that's really great. Hopefully no one eats 'em! ;-)
So cute! It's going to be so wonderful watch her literally discover the world. Thanks for all the updates! I look forward to each and every one of them.
Carrington is such a breath of fresh air everytime I visit here.She is the in the flesh evidence of God and His perfection!A miracle and a living doll.Love,love,love those glasses!
She looks darling in her glasses! Glad she's gaining weight so well! Amen!
I've said it before, but I just can't help it... she's sooooo cute! I love that she's healthier!!! xxxoo
She is beautiful!
Be blessed
Ashlee
Ah she is so darn precious.
YES Mom I think eating food does do good things for kiddos, especially this little one. She looks like a different child than the first pictures you showed of her. Not just health wise but also facial expressions too. She looks so happy.
I think you also adopted Torri (? spelling). How is she doing? Is there another blog for her too?
Thanks for sharing and she really does look good.
Love,
Sheila
(I am Blogging Friend, but I am having a horrible time signing in tonight.)
That's wonderful!! We will continue to pray for this little darling! Thanks for the updates :D
oh my...miss carrington looks too cute!!! love hearing that everything is going so well :)
Oh I just love her!! You wear those glasses well, Princess
Just read this post and the one before...your post is such a blessing to read. All I can say is, WOW God! You can see her changes even in the pictures, so I can only imagine getting to be with her and love on her. Your family has been obedient....and obedience brings blessing. Are you ready for all of your blessings!!!
Those are the same glasses that we have. I LOVE them (too bad Ellis Anne doesn't LOVE them) I think they are the cutest things ever. I hope you can keep them on her, and then if you do get her to keep them on, please post your tips :)
Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!
Stephanie Lynch
She's sooooo adorable!! Love all the amazing changes in her :)
She is adorable. I love the glasses. Julianne has a pair just like them. :)
TOO cute!!!!
Well, isn't Miss Carrington quite the fashion plate, rockin' her pink specs and floral "fascinator"! What a cutie. It's wonderful to see Carrington's personality blossoming like the spring flowers after their long winter's dormancy.
So thankful Carrington's spring has arrived after such a long, bleak season.
Susan in Ky
Cousin to 2 from U.
aww what a cutie pie
Love the glasses! Of course, I may be biased, as my daughter(who will be 2 tomorrow) has the exact same pair.
My daughter is pretty good about leaving them on, but after hunting all around the house for them a couple of times I got one of those pacifier attaching ribbons. The velcro end goes around the strap at the back of the glasses, and I clip it to the back of her shirt. That way if she pulls them off they end up hanging down her back, rather than missing.
What a cutie! Thanks so much for keeping up with the posts. I check in here almost daily. :)
Asome, Awsome, Awsome!
Oh my, those are adorable!! LOVE the last pic. Hilarious!
Glory to God for redeeming her life!
My son just had to get glasses a couple of weeks ago- the first week, it was a fight to keep them on. We were given a device to attach to the back of the glasses, an adjustable cord with plastic holes at the end for the rims. It turns out that those hurt him, so he was taking them off all the time.
That being said, what does keep them on(most of the time, now it is just him being 2) is a product called crums or croakies. It is a sock for the back of the frames, and you can find them at sports authority or stores similar to that.
Again, it just amazes me and makes me sooo grateful to God for delivering Carrington into your arms and out of that orphanage where she was wasting away! Princess Carrington, you look adorable in your new glasses! It's true when you say she is just a different child now--even over the internet one can see it! There's no stopping you now, sweet Carrington! Oh, I almost forgot to add, it almost looks like she is learning sign language in that one photo! Is she?
She is downright adorable in those pink glasses.Our little G has a pair just like them. We LOVE how durable our Mira Flex glasses are. Does hers have the headband? That would help prevent her from taking them off. If they didnt come with one you can request one from the company/ eyeglass Dr.
Hi Special and Precious Carrington!
My name is Jenna and I came across your blog!
U are such a brave, courageous, determined and strong fighter. U are a happy, full of life, spunk, joy, love, smiles, and an inspirational hero.
I wish you all the best in your fight. U look adoreble in those glasses.
I was born with many disabilites, a rare life threatening disease, and 12 other medical conditions.
www.miralcechamp.webs.com
She is so stinking cute and those glasses just make her cuter.
Post a Comment