UPDATE:
Shelly says Carrington's weight is right around 12 pounds...which is an overall increase of a pound from when she entered. I guess she had gained some in the beginning, like days 1 and 2 and then lost some again. The reason for this immediate weight gain and then loss is likely due to her body being SO malnourished and its very typical to gain weight and then lose in severe malnourishment. Today Carrington was down in weight just slightly. She has been refluxing pretty badly again and bringing up some of her feeds. Shelly is not sure if it is due to having her feeds increased too fast (she is at 13cc's/hour now) or if it is just due to a problem that can only be corrected through surgery. Regarding TPN, the doctors have discussed this option but do not think it is in the best interest of Carrington and think it may cause more problems at this point. The doctors are holding off on any major tests that would involve anesthesia because Carrington is too weak to undergo anesthesia at this point. They did some basic adoption blood work and everything has come back clean including the parasite tests which really surprised everyone.
Shelly's momma heart was so very excited to be able to give Carrington a bath last night and allow her to fall asleep on her chest. She is also thrilled to be starting infant massage classes with Carrinton tomorrow. I think that will start healing Carrington's little soul as well as mommy's :)
HELP NEEDED:
I have heard from several people who would be willing to stay with Carrington overnight a few nights. Shelly has said this is really a blessing to her and will give her such a peace of mind which is what we are hoping for :) So, here is the plan...if you've already emailed me you're on "the list." That means tonight I will email those of you who've contacted me and ask you to let me know what nights and times are good for you (more details will be in the email). My hope is to get a 2 week calendar together and have from 5pm-8am covered every night except Wednesdays and Thursdays (when Shelly and Brian will be there). If you are in the Dallas Fort Worth area and able to sit with Carrigton a night or two between 5pm and 8am and you haven't emailed me yet, PLEASE email me as soon as possible so we can get this schedule together:) Thanks!! (spbasile at hotmail dot com).
Also, I am still working on compiling a little book of well wishes/prayers/notes to Carrington and family. If you'd like to leave a comment for her, I will copy and paste all of those, or you can email me (spbasile at hotmail dot com) with your note/letter and I will include it in the book.
AND, don't forget you can donate to the Chip-In HERE. Gift cards for food/gas/etc. are being purchased for the Burman family.


13 comments:
If I lived in Texas I would be there in a heartbeat! I am all the way in California :( But I did send little Carrington a gift in the mail today :)
Thank you Sarah for helping the Burmans!! I am in Iowa, but if there is ANYTHING I can do, please let me know!!
I haven't been able to get this sweet princess off my mind. I am thousands of miles away (RI)...I wish I could volunteer at the hospital..I'd be honored to help in anyway. I will continue to pray for sweet dear Carrington.
Have the tried different formula's??? I know from my time at a children's hospital for clinical there are many different designs when it comes to formulas. While it might be because of her physical problem it could also be b/c of an intolerance or allergy to something in the feed she is currently getting. Good Luck and you are all in my prayers.
Danielle
Ohio
Thanks for the updates on Carrington; I've been thinking about her since I first read about her on FB. I have a son who is 3 yrs old; I can't imagine him weighing 11 lbs! Praying for Carrington and for the doctors treating her, and for her family. Shared on my blog for others to pray as well.
Oh, I would so love to be able to spend an evening loving on this precious angel...and I am fairly close 3.5 hours...however, we just got our travel dates to go see our little girl. BUT, please know that this little girl will remain in my prayers....
Dear lord,
I lift this angel up to you. I pray that her reflux would begin to cease...and that the doctors would be able to come up with the perfect plan for Carrington. I thank you that she is your child and that she is victorious in the name of Jesus. That she is no longer the least of these, the bottom of the barrel, but that she is the greatest of these and was created in your image....SHE IS VICTORIOUS, I say it again Carrington, YOU ARE VICTORIOUS!!!!!! You are loved and you are special and important....you have an army of believers fighting on your behalf. We think you are one special little girl and cannot wait to see what God has in store for you.....stay strong Carrington.
In Jesus name amen.
Stephanie lynch
Precious Carrington I first saw you this morning and you broke my heart. Your mommy and daddy love you so much and I know that you are a fighter. What a blessing you are may God heal your body and your soul as you find love from your family.
Shelly, I would love to share your story with others on my blog if you don't mind.
Keeping you all in my prayers
april
Thank you SO MUCH for creating and updating this blog. Praying for sweet Carrington.
Burman Family,
You are all in our thoughts and PRAYERS!!!
A prayer for caring all around you, Love and comfort to surround you, And the warm and peaceful feeling GOD is with you as you're Healing!!!
Isabelle sends you a GREAT BIG HUG!!!!!!!
WE all LOVE you sweet Girl!!!!!
Thank you so much for this update. My heart breaks for this sweet angel and I pray that she continues this fight. God got her to her family at just the right time and I pray all the love surrounding her gives her the strength she needs. I wish I were still in Dallas, but I am now in CA, but know all my love and prayers are coming their way.
Praying for this sweet angel in Georgia!!
Quick question. Do you know if when she gets her feeds if she gets it all at once or slowly on a pump over a period of time(like 20 or 30 min)? My son spent a few months in NICU and had issues with reflux. We were able to solve it by giving him his feeds slowly. The pump took an hour to push it through and he did so much better.
Praying for them all!
Rose
I have three people who said they could spend the night but I wouldn't ask them to be there at 5 pm. 8-8 would likely be their limit because they all have kids. :-/ I will ask Shelley about it tomorrow.
Post a Comment