Love this picture...just look at those beautiful soulful eyes!
I think this is my favorite picture so far...snug as a bug!! But you can see just how tiny she really is at 3 and a half years old in a baby rocker :(
And a picture to remind us just how serious Carrington's situation is. Keep praying!
Shelly says they are increasing her feeds to 20cc's/hour even though she has been refluxing. The doctor thinks that will just keep happening until they can fix the problem (likely through surgery)...so he wants to increase her feeds to fatten her up (knowing she will likely continue to reflux). There's no magic weight they're looking for before she is ready for surgery...I guess that will just be a team decision as far as when they feel she is ready. Her first surgery will likely include a g-button, Fundo, and trying to take care of her teeth which are mostly all rotten and broken:( Shelly says the massage really seemed to give Carrington some peace and calm for the rest of the day....I'm sure the massage, along with all the prayers are really helping Carrington to feel peace for the first time in her three years of life.
Keep on praying for this sweet angel!




23 comments:
We'll keep praying! Let us know if any tips or tricks of the trade are needed when the Gtube is placed. I know lots of buddies whose lives have been blessed with feeding devices and we'd happily share whatever advice we can offer. Love seeing her so snuggled and sleepy and safe...
My daughter (with DS) is about 30# and she's not even 3 yet. I just... I'd really REALLY like to swear but I think this is the wrong blog for that - Am not a bit religious but I'm fervently wishing Carrington the very VERY best & I chipped in a bit. Sorry, wish it were more.
aww such a precious girl! I have printed her picture to hangup on my bulletin board to remind me to keep praying for her & the other RR kids. It encourages me to keep fighting & advocating for Celine & Cora Lynne.
She is such a little cutie! So glad she is feeling more peaceful. Continuing to pray for her here!
Massage - so wonderful! These precious children need the comfort but just the touch itself as well. My heart just goes out for Carrington! My middle child is turning 4 tomorrow so in my mind I compare their sizes and am just shocked at how tiny and frail Carrington is due to the neglect she faced. And how many more children are out there suffering without anyone standing up for them!
Even tho I am pretty new to this blog I HAVE to check on Carrington via the blog every day--that precious child really has touched my heart--as she has so many others! It is heartbreaking that she is so small that she fits in a baby rocker. I am not well versed on these things so forgive me for my ignorance but WHY didn't the "caregivers" in the orphanage DO something?? Why did they not hospitalize this sweet baby when they saw her deteriorating so badly? I want to just go there (wherever "there" is) and rescue all the little Carringtons out there... But I know that one thing I CAN --and WILL do is pray!
Another question, would being fed breastmilk help Carrington's system to strengthen and bolster her immunity, help with the reflux etc? Just an idea...
Prayers for Carrington and her family, Lori
Those pictures are shocking. I just dont understand how anyone could allow this to happen to a child... Poor little Carrington. She is in my thoughts and prayers daily. Keep up the good work Carrington... You are a princess on a mission. :)
It is so nice to see Carrington being pampered and treasured. She deserves every bit of this special treatment after being ignored for so many years.
I just happened to follow a trail that landed me at this blog tonight. It started with reading a family blog by a woman in Nova Scotia which took me to a blog about orphans with down-syndrome where I saw something about Carrington's story and ended up here. The funny thing is that I live in Dallas and used to live in Fort Worth. I feel like God led me to this blog tonight to pray for Carrington, so I just wanted to let you know that she will continue to be in my prayers. Blessings to your family on this journey, I know it will be difficult, but God is with you every step of the way.
Praying since the day her story hit our community.Have shared her story with many.A reminder of the need to look beyond our own lives,our comfy homes,our healthy children and with gratitude and thanks,walk forward and make a difference.
Carrington is amazing.Her resilient and fighting spirit already shining through.And may we never forget,there is sheer magic in that extraordinary extra chromosome.
Our church prayed for Carrington tonight- we will continue to do so, and we hope you are all feeling the grace of God during this difficult time. Lots of love from Oregon...
what peace and love this sweetie must be feeling for the first time in her life.Even in the grave condition that she is in, she must know she is finally loved. We are praying!!!!!
We have 2 kiddo's with G tube/Jtube and fundo's, they are thriving now ! Will Carrington have medicaid ? tons of supplies here that we are willing to share, just let us know !
Praying for this princess and her family !
Praying here! Angela had a nissen and gtube done at 11 months old because she couldn't keep anything down. And I thought she was small 11 months and 12 lbs! Oh my goodness!!!!
We are praying for sweet Carrington. I can't believe I love a precious girl whom I've never met. I think of her constantly and pray for her. I love the pictures, I can only imagine how much she liked the massage....feeling a gentle loving touch for the first time in her life.
We will not stop. We will not stop. Stay strong precious little girl.
Stephanie lynch
We are absolutely praying! Thanks for keeping us updated on her.
She is so precious. I'm utterly amazed at the lack of human compassion at her former orphanage. Heartbroken for all those sweet babies.
Praying for this precious little one.
Follow a couple other blogs that "hopped" me over here this morning. In awe of where God took me this morning. Tears streaming down my face as my heart was broken for the things that break His heart. So glad this little fighter found her forever family. Thank you for blogging so we can lift them all up in prayer. I'd like to send a gift to the whole family as I understand from personal experience how hard it can be on other siblings when so much of Mom and Dad's attention is wrapped up in a sibling needing SO much love and care. If it's not too much trouble, could you give me a little more information on ages of the other 6 at home? Many thanks for bring this precious little girl to the world's attention. Praying!!!!
Our little Ricky (4 now) had the Nissen, g-tube and pyloroplasty (done for slow gastric emptying) all done at the same time. What a blessing they were!!! It was so hard to make the decision, for us, but SOOO glad we did. We had a sick little cookie who got better immediately. If you have ANY questions, please feel free to contact me....dgthibault@comcast.net
Praying for darling Carrington. I am so sorry she is suffering. Oh, how sweet to know she is so loved. She most certainly feels it. God bless you and your family.
Gretchen
Would you be allowed to share which orphanage is she from? makes me wonder about the other kids in there. as we are going to Ukraine this year, we might want to check/look into kids in this orphanage.
I would not think they are MUCH better..
thanks Sandy
Carrington is such a cutie pie <3 her
I fallowed the Burman's blog since they started the adoption of the triplets!!!
I have been praying for Carrington!!!
I wish I lived in Texas so I could go and visit them in the hospital!!!!
Post a Comment