Dear Family,
I purposefully addressed this note to FAMILY because you all have become so much more than friends. Family is made up of people who care for, pray for, and are there for others. That is exactly what each and every one of you have been for our Princess Carrington as well as for the other 6 of the Burmans.
When we started on this journey there was no idea of just where it would take not only us but so so many others. Carrington was planned by God to become a part of our family from the very beginning. She was created with a purpose, a worth that God so carefully designed. It is true our world was shaken up the day we took Carrington out of that place that robbed her not only of her dignity but of her health. Our trip home held a sense of urgency that I care to never again experience. Carrington had fought long and hard and her little body finally gave in to her Mommy and Daddy continuing the fight. The staff here at Cook Children's hospital is nothing short of awesome, caring, and God-sent. We have shared our story with each and every person that has walked anywhere in the vicinity of Carrington and we see so many hearts being changed. But, my family, it is your prayers that we feel has been the key to Carrington's recovery. Prayer. It cannot be duplicated, made into a synthetic, nor fabricated. Prayer is the most genuine of all medicines. We believe that God hears all of your prayers. We believe it is your prayers that have helped bring Carrington back from the brink of death. Our little girl was slowly dying but a world of people rallied in prayer and now she sleeps in a hospital room surrounded by love and prayer.
Our family is so incredibly thankful for all of you who have sent well wishes, precious gifts, and even spent their time with Carrington. Each day the nurses bring in so much mail for Carrington that she has become a celebrity of sorts:) When all of this happened to our family we were in a daze but there were two people who really jumped in and started a movement; a movement to not only save a little girl but so many other children as well. We are so touched by our friends Stephanie and Sarah for helping our family in so many ways but first and foremost for bringing all of you to pray for Carrington. I truly believe God puts people in our lives for a specific reason and I am so honored to consider these two ladies as two of my dearest friends. There are so many of you I may never get to meet this side of Heaven yet you come to sit with Carrington so I may go home and try to keep 6 other children and 1 husband in some order of togetherness. The peace I feel each night knowing that Carrington is not alone but rather is being loved on is priceless. Carrington is on the road to being a healthy and beautiful princess and our family is so very thankful to each and everyone of you for taking us in as part of your family through prayers, well wishes, and the generous gift cards that have been sent.
Thank you from each and every one of the 9 Burmans!!
And a special surprise.....a picture of Reagan holding Carrington :) Reagan looks so proud! I can totally see this girl bragging to everyone at her old orphanage saying "I'm an American" (which she really did do on her gotcha day...haha!).


34 comments:
OH, what a wonderful post! I LOVE seeing children of the King coming together to pray for each other! It's what we are SUPPOSED to do and it rocks!! :o)
And it was SO FUN to see a picture of Reagan!!! I've been SO wondering how she was doing - I've been watching her case for well over a year now, and I'm sooooo happy she's home!! (I was even in Ukraine at the same time as her first family when they decided they wouldn't be able to adopt her, and my heart broke for her, so it is soooo wonderful for me to see her finally HOME!) What a treat!!!!
hello id love to send a dolly to carrington could her mama email me at moon-babies@hotmail.com so i can arrange to have it mailed thanks..
Those two little girls are beautiful! I am so happy for the continued weight gain for princess carrington:) I have never commented before but your comments moved me to do so. I am a silent prayer warrior for this precious little lamb. I pray for continued health and for the day she joins you loving family at home:)
Tears of joy after reading that post. Praise God for his army praying for Carrington and the Burman family. The picture of Reagan and Carrington is adorable. Continued prayers as their journey continues!
What a wonderful picture and such a beautiful story because God is moving a whole bunch of angels here on earth to touch the life of your little princess. Continuing to pray.
Oh Shelly! The picture is beyond words, really. Imagine, that these children who a ton of folks in their home Country thought were worth nothing are now changing lives in huge ways. God is so good :)I'm so glad Carrington is on the way to recovery!
We love you Shelly (and all of the other Burmans too!!). We will continue to pray for you and your sweeties until everyone is safe and sound at home and doing well!!
what a beautiful picture! so glad to hear Carrington is continuing to fight and gain weight!
OMGoodness!! tears,tears and more tears!!!!! Isn't that a sight!!!!
Oh, how sweet and special-I LOVE that picture!!!!!
It's a privilege and an honor to pray for you all. Your sweet girl has already made an impact for the Lord in her short life. I can't wait to see what all He has in store for her!
(and I LOVE seeing the picture of the sisters!)
Shelly, we'll keep praying! Good to hear from you and I love the picture!
Susan
Praying for your precious Carrington, and all of you. God bless you!
We will never quit praying for Carrington...I have claimed the words for her to "rise up". She is rising up...God is lifting her up...she will rise again...for so long she was put down by people on this earth, people who viewed her as worthless...the devil was doing his work through these people...Oh dear God,we must pray for a change in the hearts of these people for treating your children is such an inhumane way. God sent your family to bring her out of the death that she was facing so very soon...and is now sending an army to fight on her behalf...now Carrington, can rest in the love and attention....may she continue to change the hearts of people and may people get up and do something...God Bless Your Family!
Stephanie Lynch
What an amazing child. Only good things are left to come. You are all so fortunate.
Sarah you are a dear friend. Thank you for shairng about Carrington. The least I could do is hold her up in prayer as she journies down the road to recovery bathed in teh love of her new family.
May God continue to bless you and help you precious little ones get stronger. I will continue to pray and ask others to pray too.
My family is praying for you and your family. Carrington is blessed to be in our family as you are blessed to have her :) God is Great! Thanks for letting us share in your journey. Blessings,
The Cannell Family <3
Thank you Mama Burman, for sharing your heart with us.
It has been our joy and privilege to pray for Carrington (and to share her story on my blog). She is a precious child of God, and He is holding her in His hands.
Hugs & Prayers,
Laurel
(mama of a dozen 9, 9, 10, 12, 14, 17, 20, 22, 22, 24, 25, 26)
What beautiful girls! Reagan looks like a terrific big sis. Thank you for letting us all share in your journey. Still praying everyday for Carrington.
Hugs Mama! Holding you all up in prayer and well wishes,so glad to hear of her daily progress.
Reagan looks so proud & happy!
Our God is a Great Healer, and He has heard our prayers! Oh, what sweet girlies in that pic! Praise the Lord.
aww so precious! Continuing to pray for Carrington
What a beautiful picture! I am so thrilled that Carrington is doing better. Prayers are continuing to go up. Thank you for letting us share in your journey.
Happy to hear good news about her weight, and to hear about her progress!
Thank you for sharing news with us!
Sandy
Reagan is such a sweetheart! Look at that face! A bright light like that just had to get out. What a lucky Mama you are Shelly!
I am in love with this picture of your girls! The beaming smile on Reagan's face is precious!
Continuing to pray for sweet Carrington... Seeing her in that picture really shows how tiny she is! Sending love from Kentucky to Carrington and her wonderful family!
Thank YOU for allowing us to journey beside you and with you.A blessing and a privilege.
So happy to see the photo of your two precious daughters and learn the good news!
YAY!!!! I am loving this!!!
Wow! Tears of joy over here!
Such a beautiful gift to see Princess Carrington laughing!
I will continue to pray for Miss Carrington to have abundant health, and lots of joy, peace and happiness!
Carrington has lit a fire under my fundraising efforts for "my" little Reece's Rainbow guy. I have stormed the fundraising activities this week, fueled by the hope that what Carrington had to endure, no other child should ever have to endure. I am just so glad that she is with your loving family now, and that her life will now be a joyful and happy one.
God bless you.
Kerin (just another Mom in the Down Syndrome community, from up here in Canada)
LOVE getting to see a picture of your other adopted blessing! Wish I lived close so I could sit-in with Carrington and just love on her!!! Sitting with her in my heart nevertheless!
I'm so happy to see your beautiful children together, and can't wait for your family to be united and home for good!
Post a Comment